One Year Anniversary

"I knew you'd find me." Turning around to see a barefoot Harry walking towards you, his feet sinking into the cool dry sand, as you stood as close to the shore as you could without getting your own wet. It was not a good afternoon for the beach and it hadn't been when you met Harry last year while hanging out with friends, but it was your one year anniversary and you were willing to brave the cool breeze in honor of the day. Your hair was blowing underneath the chilly howl, but Harry was here now and his body warmth underneath the blanket you were wearing like a shawl could only improve the situation.

"You thought I wouldn't, huh? Doubted me?" Amused, he asked quietly before being close enough to slide one hand over your side and lean in to kiss you. It was simple, nothing aggressive about it, but he held his lips to yours for much longer than usual. "I knew exactly where you would be." All you had said to him in your text message that morning was 'See you at 5', no location or anything. Harry had shown up at your house first, but when you weren't there, he finally put what you had in mind together. "Happy anniversary." He smiled as soon as he had pulled away. You offered him up a small corner of the blanket, but Harry helped himself, sharing it equally before snaking his arm behind your back completely to start you two off walking together.

"Happy anniversary." You replied back, glad that it was just you and him at the moment. It so fairly was and you couldn't believe that the beach hadn't been invaded by overzealous fans or intrusive cameras.

"Is this all you had in mind for the day? Hang out in the sand?" Harry was not going to venture into the cold autumn waves. There was absolutely no way.

"Yeah." You shrugged, watching the sand as it sunk beneath Harry's big feet and then your own. "Maybe go back to my place, watch some Netflix, but this is nice. I like us like this, just simple and nothing fancy." If you two had each other, what more could you need?

"That's how I like us, too." Harry did the impossible and moved even closer to you, holding to you him before leaving the tiniest kiss on the top of his head. He really didn't know if he could ever be happier than he was with you.