The Book of Masato Part 3/4

The interior of the room that Masato was led to was something that he had only experienced in movies and historical documentaries. The whole room was a replica of the Queen's Antechamber from the Palace of Versailles. It wasn't uncommon to have rooms that were able to emulate whatever "sleave" or "wallpaper" the user of the room desired, placing the room in the middle of the space, in the middle of nature of the liking, or in the middle of whatever room the user felt was appropriate for that meeting. You could even have a meeting in the White House, the former seat of the president of the country formerly known as the United States of America or the Emperor of Japan's meeting quarters.

But this room was a complete physical replica of the Queen's Antechamber Palace of Versailles. Masato guessed that the reasoning was that they wanted to maintain cyber security while making this room as "impressive" and "unforgettable" as possible.

However, Masato didn't dwell on the room for more than a second. There was a man, wearing a white suit jacket over a purple silk shirt sitting at the table. There were loud yellow flowers printed on the silk shirt, and from the design, both his suit and shirt were designed in the 1970s, or at least were a replica of the style of that time.

The man's hair was neat, with a high skin taper haircut, and he had a short goatee on his chin.

The eyes were intense, but he had a twisted smile that told Masato this man was unhinged.

"Mr. Goto? I hope you didn't wait too long. Coffee?"

Goto smoothly stood up and bowed slightly. "Thank you Mr. Inamura. Yes, Coffee will be fine."

The receptionist immediately brought a pot of coffee that looked like it was designed to be used in this room, served the two, and stepped out of the room.

"So, Mr. Inamura, I am curious." Goto slowly looked around the room while spreading his hand as if he were admiring the room. "What would a humble man from a small company in District 9 be able to offer to someone from one of the most prestigious conglomerates in the world? Or...would this meeting be more of a...private request perhaps?"

Goto put his forearms down on the table and he clasped his hands together.

Masato observed Goto briefly, trying to read the man. After a few moments of silence, he went straight to the point.

"There are some specific samples of data, and some code if possible, that I would like to acquire. I hear that you may have access to such data, or may have a path to obtain the necessary files."

Goto raised his left eyebrow and smiled that twisted smile.

"Well, Mr. Inamura, Goto Industries prides itself on our data operations. As you surely know, we supply BII with hundreds of terabytes worth of unfiltered harvested data every week."

"I am looking for specific data, concerning the brainwaves, and the signals received and sent to the BCI of specific...clientele, as they access some of the more...colorful content that would only be offered to a small handful of select individuals. I believe that these individuals may also be utilizing a highly tailored BCI model that may have some...interesting functions that may not find their way into the public market due to some constraints." Masato stopped there to gauge Goto's response.

Goto's eyes sparkled as he raised both hands to massage his head. He had a gleeful smile as his hands moved back and forth on his head as if he were trying to contain his excitement while thinking things through.

"Now that is a request that I did not expect!" Goto clicked his tongue. "I will need more details concerning your request before I can give you a clear answer. Don't get me wrong, I have a genuine interest in this...request, it may even align with some of my...aspirations shall I say. But I see a few...challenges."