𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚

Tobias

I sit in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I don't know what to do about Elijah. I want to tell someone. I want to stop his pain. I want to pull him into my arms again and make him forget.
I want to pull him out of that house and protect him with my life.

I want to kiss him and tell him it's ok, but once again I can't. Once again I fail the people I love.

"Fuck his parents... I'll kill them if I ever see them again." I mumbled as I felt anger rising like steam over a boiling pot of water. "How could someone hurt him like that." I clench my fist as I subconsciously punch the wall in an attempt to get my anger out of my system.

Ping!

I look over to the bed and see a notification.
I realize it's from our group chat and I immediately pick up my phone.

It's from Elijah...

______
Elijah♥️:
Im gonna fucking kill myself, I can't take this anymore...
Read 7:45
______

"Is he being serious..." I bite down on my bottom, nervously. Not knowing if he actually was going to attempt.

Im not taking any chances, even if he's joking I'm going over. I need to make sure he's ok. I search around the room for the first jacket and shoes I see.

Which are crocs, but ol' well, they'll do.

I see my aunts keys on the sofa next to her while she sleeps. I grabbed them and went out the door and took no time to hop in the car and drive off.

What if he's being serious and I get there too late?  What if Ellis doesn't see his message and doesn't get there—

Ping!

I look down and see Ellis replied
_____
Ellis 🤓♥️:
Are you being serious? Im on my way.
Read 7:49
_____

I smiled, should have known. Why'd I doubt him for a second?

I made it to his house in under 5 minutes. And I hopped out of the car, not even seconds later Ellis had parked, and jumped out of the car in a hurry. He runs over to me.

"Are you able to get in?"

"I just got here." I say as we quickly walk onto the porch. I see if the doors open, and it must be a miracle because it was. We immediately ran into the house and smelt beer. Such a terrible smell. Then we spot it, all the open beer can on the sofa.

"He's drunk." I hear Ellis mutter before sprinting up the stairs shouting Elijah's name, and I quickly run after, shouting his name as well.

We both make it to his room, where I am met with the worst sight. I freeze in place as I see Elijah with dozens of pills bottles around him with a variety of them in his hands about to swallow I don't know how many more.

I'm snapped back to reality when I hear a smack. And I realized the Ellis slapped Elijah the moment he tilted his head back to take in all the pills.

"How many have you swallowed!?" He cried desperately. And I quickly rushed down next to Ellis. Elijah has tears in his eyes and they roll down his cheeks as he sobs.

"I–I've only had one mouth full!" He exclaimed as he looked up and realized who we were and sobbed more. "Im so sorry!"

"Why honey..." I felt tears building up in my eyes as I held his hand.

"I couldn't take it–it no more! I hate myself, I hate myself, I hate myself! Why did you stop me?" He sobbed harder as he pulled his hand away and rested it on his chest, clenching his shirt. "I can't take this no more. Why does everyone hate me so much? I've done nothing, why does my very existence make people hate me?"

"No, no, baby.." I pulled him to my chest and hugged him tightly, afraid that if I were to let go I'd lose him. I don't want to lose him, I don't want to let go of him. Never again.

Ellis hugged him from behind and did his best to calm the intoxicated boy in our arms down the best he could, whispering into the air calm melodies that he knew Elijah loved. After a few minutes the boy managed to calm down, but his crying didn't come to a stop.

"I want you to tell us everything. Everything these sons of bitches have done to you." I demanded as gently as I could, as held all my hatred for his parents back.

Elijah went on to explain everything. How they locked him in the basement, refused to feed him. How his ankle was sprained and everything else. The words they called him and how he felt about all of it. And I felt so many emotions at the same time. I want kill his parents so bad. I wanted to make sure that they got a slow death. But at the same time tears flowed down my face as I listen to him. I subconsciously held him tighter.
He's been through so much, all by himself. He has taken on so much alone and we couldn't help him.

"We're so sorry we weren't there. I promised to make you see what good a person you are, and I fucking failed." Ellis held onto Elijah tighter as he began to cry himself. "I—I'm so fucking sorry Elijah."

I don't know how long we stayed there clinging onto Elijah, as if he was the last pocket of
Oxygen in the ocean and we were drowning.

30 minutes? Maybe an hour or two. But all i knew was that we weren't letting him go anytime soon.

After awhile, we heard the door downstairs open and slam shut. We knew that his parents were home, and he begged us to leave. But the same thing like last time wasn't gonna have again.

"I don't want them hurting you guys too, just leave and I'll—"

"We're never leaving you again. Especially not with them." I heard footsteps running up the steps and approaching the door. Instinctively, I stood in front of Ellis and Elijah entirely, as If there was an explosion about to come through the door and my body was their sheild.

The door opened and there stood his bitch of a father. His looked as if he was mortified as he looked at us.

"Get the fuck out my house!"

"Not without Elijah." I spat darkly as glared at him.

"You're not leaving with him." He stormed up to me and I did the same. Luckily I was taller than him, by at least 4 inches. I glared down at him and he shoved me back. "I have no problem beating the shit of someone else's kids."

"You're not laying a finger on any of us." I shoved back. "And im not beyond beating the life out of someone's shitty father."

The tension in this room is thick.

Before I knew it he punched me in my jaw, which shocked me, but i shoved him to the floor and jumped on top of him and started to strangle him.

I swear im going fucking kill him.