𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒕

Tobias Thompson -

It's been 4 days since Ellis house had been broken in. He's been at the hospital since then, they wanted to make sure his concussion wasn't going to affect his daily life. But he's getting out today.

But I still have this guilt. Well I feel guilty about a lot of things. Especially about two things recently.

One; for not being cautious about over hearing when the two guys were talking about breaking in Ellis's house. It could have been avoided, and I could have protected him.
Two; I've recently learned that Elijah is still somewhat afraid of me. Still afraid that I'll hurt him again. And I never want him to be afraid of me ever again.

So I've decided that I was going to take them out to the carnival that's in town, and since it only comes around once a year around the same time, I think that it would be good for me to make it up to them.

We watch Ellis walk out of the hospital. He was surprised that we were here, since we told him we were going to going to be at school during the time he was going to be discharged. But luckily it was an early release day.

"I thought you guys were-"

"At school? Yea, it was an early release day." Said Elijah. Ellis shrugged and simply walk towards us.

"So what are we doing?" Asked Ellis as he looked at the two of us

"Nothing really-"

"Actually, I'm taking you two out somewhere." I say before I watch both of their gazes shift towards me, with confusion.

"I just wanted to make up for what happened, for both of you. I should have been cautious when I heard about them breaking in and for making you afraid of me."

Their eyes soften at me, looking at me, not with pity but with sympathy and compassion. And it makes my chest flutter. How they can just forgive someone like me. I've done so much, but yet they still like me for the way I am.

"You know it wasn't you fault. You didn't know it would be my house they were going to break in."

"And I'm not afraid of you, because I know you've changed. And I know you're heading in the right direction."

They both smile at me.

I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach, and my heart beat speeds up at a rapid rate.

"Y-yea, I know but I feel guilty. So I wanted to take you guys out."

"Where?" Elijah asks.

"Don't worry you'll know when we get there." I chuckle at his impatients.

-

"Can we take our hands off our face?" Ellis tilts his head with small laugh taking his lips.

"Please?" Elijah begged.

"Yes you can!" I exclaimed. Instantly their hands fall from their eyes and their mouth agape at the sight.

"Omg!" Ellis beamed as he practically jumped with happiness.

"Isn't this the carnival that comes around once a year!?" Elijah looked at the amusement park like he's never seen one before.

"Yea, and don't worry I'll be paying for you guys." I smiled with a wink.

"What a gentle man." Elijah giggled, and I couldn't tell if he was mocking me, or being genuine.

Once we walked in, I paid for all three of us. And they both looked like two children at Disneyland. But it was rather two idiots at a carnival.

"You two look like children right now." I cackled at them.

"Sorry that I've never been to an amusement park." Elijah rolled his eyes, "Yea, me too." Ellis added with slight frown.

"You two have never been to a carnival?" I gasped.

"No, my parents are never around... and when they are it's not the best time for me. So I didn't really do anything as a kid." Elijah added with a small frown

"And my parents want the smartest child in the world, anything outside of that was a distraction." Said Ellis.

Damn... I remember coming here every year or every other year as kid. I can't believe they've never been to a carnival not once. It really shows how much of an ass their parents are.

"I want to go on the biggest ride." Elijah pointed at the tallest ride he saw, you were able to see the sparkle in his eyes.

"Why that one?" Ellis responded back,
"It's so... tall, what if it gets stuck, or I don't know, fall apart?"

"Stop jinxing it dumbass!" Elijah screamed.

"I'm just saying."

"And if it does I have strong man to keep me safe." Elijah smirks as I felt his hand squeezing my muscles.

"Wtf?" I gave him a weird look.

"Are you saying you wouldn't save me if I was about to die?"

Of course I would. I'd probably sacrifice my life if it meant to save either of you. I nearly had a heart attack when Ellis passed out in our arms. Seeing either of you in any type of danger would make me lose all my senses.

"Yes, but why are you squeezing my muscles?"

"Because you're so muscular, and you're like a knight in shining armor."

"Do you want to get on the rides or not?" I asked annoyedly. He responded with a nod.

"You two get on that ride, I'm going on a different ride."

"Ok then... Are you sure?" Elijah asked, his lips pulled back into a small frown.

"Yea, I'll meet up with you two back here when I get off the ride."

I knew there was no convincing him to come on the ride with us but I didn't want him out here on his own.
I knew he was capable of defending himself, but I still wanted him near us. Where I could protect him if anything would happen.

Sighing I gave him a kiss on the forehead. "If anything happens, you call one of us, ok?" He nods before running off in the opposite direction.

"Bet I can beat you to that ride." Elijah smirked.

"How much?" I challenged.

"50 dollars."

"Alright bet."

"3...2...1.. Go!" He screamed, and just like that we were sprinting. And I know it must've looked weird from a 3rd perspective, two teenagers sprinting pass.