Nine

🖕🏾😘

                                       𝐽𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑦𝑎ℎ

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑁𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝐷𝑎𝑦

Adonis had just finished his game, and I stood on the side, not wanting to be near everyone. Aubrey and his crew were around, but I didn't want to hang out with them. Aubrey kept texting me, asking what was up and why I wasn't sitting with them.

I watched Adonis celebrate with his team. He must've been looking for me because I saw Sophie pointing over to me while Adonis drank his Gatorade. Sophie and I weren't buddy buddy, but we get along now that Adonis is older.

"Liyah!" Adonis came running over, with his bodyguard trailing behind. "Hey, Donnie! Congrats on that win, baby boy! You scored 10 points!" I grinned.

"Yeah, I did it for you!" He hugged me, and I hugged him back. "Aw, thanks, Don."

"Are you coming home? Chance and Chase will be back later," he asked.

"Uh, no. I gotta head home and get back to work. I'm really glad I got to see you," I said. He looked a little sad.

"Oh, alright. Well, I love you, Liyah! I'll see you when you come back," he said, hugging me again before running back to Sophie and Aubrey. His bodyguard nodded at me before following. I looked over at Aubrey, who was waving me over. I ignored him and left.

Khalil and Aubrey kept calling me nonstop, but I refused to talk to them.

I made my way back to the condo and ordered an Uber to take me to the airport. Just as I got into the Uber, a black truck pulled up in front of us.

"What's going on?" My Uber driver asked. I recognized the tags and knew who it was. The door opened, and Aubrey got out. "Drake?" The Uber driver mumbled.

"Get out," I heard Aubrey say.

"Ma'am, is everything okay?" The Uber driver asked, noticing Aubrey's security surrounding us.

"Yes, just a moment," I said, stepping out. I didn't want to cause a scene. "What, Aubrey?"

"What's going on? Why are you leaving?" Aubrey asked.

"I can't be here!" I said, looking away.

"You can't be here? Who told you that?" He tried to grab my hand, but I pulled away.

"Please don't touch me, and no one told me anything. I need to go! This stuff with you and now with my so-called fiancé, I'm done," I said.

"You're done? Jaliyah, fuck that nigga! You know you don't need him," Aubrey argued.

"Just like I don't need you? Just leave me alone, Aubrey. Let me move on. The place in Houston will be empty soon. Give that to whatever girl you want. I need to go!" I got back in the Uber, but he wouldn't let me close the door.

"Let's just start over, Liyah! Forget all of this shit! I just had the ranch built in Texas. We can all move there. Me, you, and the boys. I'm trying to get full custody of Adonis; I'm going to need you," Aubrey said.

"Do not take Adonis away from his mother, Aubrey! You're only hurting him! Please let me be!" I managed to close the door. "Sir, please, just go," I told the driver. Aubrey kept trying to open the door, even hitting the car.

"Ma'am, please tell him to stop, or I'll have to call the authorities," the driver said.

"Just go!" I yelled, and finally, the Uber driver took off. I turned around, wiping away my tears.