Five

☆★𝘑𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘠𝘈𝘏☆★

Four months have went by, dragging us into a new year, and shockingly, I haven't heard a peep from Aubrey since my birthday night. That necklace that he bought, the one he said he would bring to me... Eric ended up dropping it off. It wasn't a big deal, but he could have at least dropped it off himself.

Today, Kahlil flew out to London. He's collaborating with some UK artists, and planning to be there for a month or so. He wanted me to come along, but I had reasons to stay behind. Mainly, I needed to sort out my own affairs, especially considering Kahlil's wish for us to live in my current home post-marriage. That's not happening. I've been house hunting, and actually got in touch with a realtor friend to help me out.

Crystal's supposed to come over so I can do her hair. Knowing her, this is going to turn into an all-night event, especially since she's already running late. So, to kill time, I told Nikki to come on by, and she actually beat Crystal here.

"Girl, you know how Crys is," Nikki remarked as she poured us some wine. "You want some?" she offered.

"Yeah, pour me some. But seriously, this girl was supposed to be here two hours ago," I said, half-amused, half-annoyed. Just as Nikki handed me my glass, the door swung open.

"I'm finally here, hoe," Crystal announced, breezing in with her usual flair. Nikki and I just shook our heads, laughing at her dramatic entrance.

"Girl, sit down. Have some wine or something," I told her. She held up her bag. "Bitch, I got my own drink," she declared.

"Just don't overdo it. I don't need you passing out while I'm doing your hair," I warned as I ran my fingers through her hair.

After washing and blowing her hair out, I was now braiding her hair. She was just yapping away about some man she met earlier. " I'm telling you, he reminded me of Aubrey so that's why I'm like... eww."

" How does he remind you of Aubrey?" I asked amused. I knew exactly what she was going to say. She turned around causing me to stop braiding. " Light skin with a beard." She says. Nikki laughed while I snatched Crystal's head back.

" That is half of the population of light-skinned males. Girl go on a date. Not every light skin nigga is like Aubrey." I said

Nikki stood up and poured more wine into her glass and mine. She sat back down while reading something on her phone. " Oh goodness," she mumbled.

" What?" Both Crystal and I turned to her. Nikki smirked and shook her head. "So, you know Aubrey's back in town, right?"

"And?" Crystal challenged, clearly uninterested.

"Honestly, I couldn't care less," I confessed. "Exactly, my girl doesn't care. She's got a fiancé she's marrying soon!" Crystal chimed in, her eyes glued back to her phone.

"Aye, I was just saying," Nikki defended herself. "How did you even find out?" I asked, curious despite myself.

"Chubbs just told me," she admitted, drawing a look from both Crystal and me. "So you're talking to Chubbs again?" Crystal probed.

"Something like that," Nikki muttered, suddenly very interested in her phone. "Well..." I shrugged, not wanting to dive into that drama.

"Look, Eric's already saying they'll be at Area 29 tonight," Crystal noted, rolling her eyes. I simply continued with her hair, trying to ignore the gossip.

"That man lives in the strip club," Nikki pointed out.

"Nothing new. He's been like that since he could walk into a strip club," I added, trying to lighten the mood. My phone buzzed next to me, and of course, Crystal had to peek.