Season 1 Chapter 9: The Final Piece

Over on the side of the field, Kuon was watching the match unfold in confusion since Team V was Building 5's undefeated team but was now tied with Team Z who was down a player since his betrayal.

Kuon : ( Huh? What is this? What the hell is going on? They're against Team V, the strongest team. And they only have ten players... This can't be happening... Don't tell me they're... seriously going to win this? )

Scared that his plan of advancing alone was going to fail, Kuon shouts over at Team V to try and get them to step up their game.

Kuon : What the hell are you guys doing?! Put some effort in, idiots! Aren't you ashamed that you're getting outplayed by ten men?!

Reo : Shut up, scumbag.

Reo looks over at Kuon with an irritated look as it causes Kuon to stop talking and shut his mouth. Reo soon charges forwards and was getting even more irritated since he didn't want to lose after all this time.

Reo : I can't afford to lose!

Raichi : Are you that terrified of losing?

Suddenly, Raichi slides in front of Reo's path and blocks him from moving up towards the goal and starts to taunt him.

Raichi : You sheltered preppy shit! You don't know loss? I'll give you a taste of your very test defeat!

Reo : ( This bastard again! Because of him, my passing options to Nagi have become extremely limited. )

Reo looked all over the field to somewhere that he could pass to so that the ball could get to Nagi, however, Team Z was occupying all the spaces he wanted to pass to.

Reo : ( This bastard again! Because of him, my passing options to Nagi have become extremely limited. Breaking down through the opposite wing won't be easy. I want to shake this stalker, but... Their Number 11's on standby, waiting to pick up the loose ball. )

Reo soon sees someone run pat him and sees that it was Shihai.

Reo: ( Number 7 is already carving his route to the goal?! If I force it, they'll take the ball. I can't let them make this comeback. But how do I... )

Reo tries to think of some way to make a move and get the ball to Nagi but no matter the idea it would be shit down by Raichi. As soon as he realizes this, a new feeling descends upon the prodigy.

Reo: Are Nagi and I... losing?

Nagi then sees the look on Reo's face and takes a step forwards before running past Gagamaru who was marking him and calls out to Reo.

Nagi : Pass it to me.

Reo : Nagi?

Reo does as Nagi says and passes the ball over to him as Nagi trapped it, shocking Isagi since Nagi seemed to be taking the initiative for once. Nagi then looks over at Reo as the purple-haired striker sees that Nagi actually looked motivated.