~

Horror stood on the edge of the roof of an abandoned building, looking out at the city below his red eyes glowed in the darkness, his usual creepy and menacing aura somehow heightened by the rain he was deep in thought, his mind racing with dark and twisted ideas.

That's when he felt a presence behind him he turned around, and there was Dust, his brother-like figure, looking at him with a hint of worry in his eyes.

"You okay, Horror?" Dust asked, his voice soft and concerned.

Horror took a step back, his expression hardening. "Why do you care? You know what I am, what I'm capable of."

"I care because I care about you, Horror," Dust said, stepping closer. "I know you have a dark side, but I also know that there's a caring and protective side underneath that exterior you've always been there for me when I needed it, and I'll always be there for you."

Horror's eyes widened in surprise. No one had ever seen this side of him before, the vulnerable and emotional side he didn't know what to say, and for a moment he was lost for words.

"I...I don't know what you see in me, Dust. I'm a monster, a killer, a menace."

"You're not a monster, Horror," Dust said, his hand on Horror's shoulder. "You're someone who's been through a lot, and who's trying to find their way in the world and I'll be there to help you every step of the way."

Horror's expression softened, and he leaned into Dust's touch. "I don't deserve you, Dust," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't deserve your kindness, your understanding."

"You do, Horror," Dust said, his voice filled with reassurance. "And I'll never give up on you, were a team, a family, and we would always have each other's back and no matter what the future held, we both knew we would face it together.