Chapter 10 - I didn't lie to you

It was a house packed event. Almost everyone that Ayla knew was there. Michael Cole and Pat McAfee had been going back and forth, trying to entertain the guests as they filled up the seats, waiting for the event to be started. Shawn signaled Pat that he was ready to make an entrance and Pat wasted no time in announcing Shawn's arrival.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, please help me welcome, the icon, the showstopper, the main event, Mr WrestleMania, the heartbreak kid-"

"Pat. Pat" Cole cuts him off. "I uh... I don't think we're in Monday Night RAW, so..." Cole said, to which the audience laughed. "I just don't think that intro would be necessary here"

"Alright, alright, you're right as always" Pat rolled his eyes. "Party pooper"

"I'm just saying!" Cole argued, the guests shaking their heads at Cole and Pat's tantrums. 

"Okay, then you do it" Pat fired.

"Okay, Pat. Watch and learn" Cole roasted, the crowd went 'ooh'. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is a night of celebration. We're all gathered tonight to celebrate very special individuals. And with that said, please help me welcome, the host of tonight's event, the one and only, Shawn Michaels" Cole said, to which the crowd applauded. 

Shawn made his way up the stairs, waving at the crowd as he took a microphone from the technician, waiting for the applause to die down.

Hunter and Stephanie at the first table, along with Kev, Taker, Scott, Kid, Dwayne and Kane. Rebecca, Cameron, Cheyenne and Kaia sat at one table with a few others. 

"Thank you all" Shawn said, pacing as he made his speech. "So as Cole said earlier, we've all gathered tonight on a night of celebration. And tonight, marks a really, really special celebration. Not only for the ones we're celebrating, but also for me and each and every one of you here. Now, I'm sure everyone is wondering, Shawn, what is so special about today? What is so special than the fact that the kids are turning 20? Everyone turns 20 someday" 

"This is not a promo, Shawn!" Kid yelled unexpectedly, which the crowd laughed hysterically, not exactly expecting that from Kid. Kid was like those hysterical WWE fans who'd do random yells in the middle of the promo. God bless his throat tomorrow because that was gonna take a toll for sure.

Shawn sure was doing like he was cutting a promo on the WWE, with the dragged sentences and the pacing around the stage and looking directly into the hard camera. Even Shawn knew it himself that he chuckled at the response. How can he not, given that he has been doing so for almost 30 years. 

"Don't let the cake melt, Shawn" Billy Gunn yelled.

"Billy needs his ass stuffed" Road Dogg continued, the crowd couldn't handle it anymore. It took some moment for all of them to recover from the continuous trolls by the New Age Outlaws, aka, the fun uncles. 

"Okay, Kid. Thanks for reminding. And don't worry, Billy, there's plenty of cake to stuff your ass with" Shawn said, the crowd laughing. "So, back to my point. What is so important about tonight? Well, recently, I've learned some shocking news. News that never in my life did I think I would go through. Again"

The crowd begin buzzing, confused of what was happening, including the Kliq. Only Hunter, Stephanie, Darcy, Rebecca and Dwayne knew what Shawn was saying. The rest had none of the slightest idea. 

"I'm sure all of you know, back in the 90s, I had my.... issues" Shawn paused. Everyone knows. "I had some of my wild days before I met my wife, Rebecca in 1999. And I'm sure you guys know that I wasn't exactly a saint back then. And that lifestyle has given me more bad things than of good"