Chapter 7 - Because I love her

Ayla sat on the comfortable bed of her own room, the familiar scent of home run through her nose. Somehow sending a sense of calm and telling her that she was in a safe environment. She got ahold of a soft toy from the soft toy mountain beside her bed, cuddling with it as she sank deeper into the bed. Just as she was about to close her eyes, she heard her name being called from downstairs. She kept the pillow aside, groaning as she got up slowly to her feet, careful not to strain her injured back. She slowly walked out of her room, descending the stairs slowly, surprised to see Hunter halfway from the stairs. 

"Sorry, honey. I forgot you have troubles with the stairs" Hunter said, holding her hand, placing it around his neck before wrapping one arm around her and lifting her up swiftly. He brought them downstairs, setting her down as soon as they were in the living room. Ayla reached up, kissing his cheek, thanking him as he sets her down. 

Ayla smiled as she looked at her mother and sister were at the living room as well, only here for the weekends. Stephanie patted at the spot beside her to which Ayla gladly sat, laying her head on Stephanie's shoulder. They both simply looked at Aurora who was holding her toys and making noises like every normal one year old, almost two. They'd giggle when Aurora giggles, finding them really adorable. 

Aurora eventually got bored with her toys, setting it aside and got up, walking with her baby steps towards Ayla, wanting to join the girly moment too. She held Ayla's knees, attempting to climb up which definitely made the girls laugh at her antiques. Ayla held Aurora's bottom, hoisting her up and held her close on her lap, cuddling her little sister. Aurora laid her head on Ayla's chest, feeling the familiar warmth of her sister that practically raised her ever since she was a baby. Aurora has spent more time growing up with Ayla than Stephanie. It wasn't easy for Stephanie to handle Aurora's antiques when they moved to New York without Ayla. Aurora would literally throw a tantrum whenever she asks for Ayla and Ayla is not there. Stephanie had to video call Ayla everyday just so Aurora could talk to her. 

"Yaya" Aurora called, patting on Ayla's chest. Aurora was a really bright girl. She said her first word when she was 10 months old, and her first word was "Yaya", or in our language, "Ayla". Although it wasn't quite, but they'll take it that way. Given that even her first word was Ayla's name, both of them share a deep attachment with each other. 

"Yes, baby?" Ayla asked. 

"Pat-pat" Aurora said, taking Ayla's hand and putting it on her hair. 

Ayla smiled, knowing exactly what she wants. Aurora loves it when Ayla runs her hands through her hair. That's the only way you could put Aurora to sleep or else, never expect this 32 inches tall human being to run out of energy. 

Ayla ran her hands throw Aurora's brown hair, twirling them with her fingers. She didn't know how she was able to stay away from Aurora all these while. Her love for her little sister overwhelmed her with emotions as she caressed Aurora, holding her tight to her chest. 

Stephanie couldn't help but smile as well looking at both of her girls. Even she is jealous of the bond that they both share. She knows how much these two love each other. Ayla is literally Aurora's role model. Wanting to talk like Ayla, dress like Ayla, eat like Ayla, walk like Ayla. Everything that Ayla does seems to be inspiring Aurora a lot. Ayla is surely a really good big sister. And surely, she will be good big sister to her upcoming baby sister as well. Oh yes, it's a girl again. Hunter and Stephanie are about to be a proud 3 girl-parents.  

Hunter walked in back moments later with a tray of food in his hands. 

"Ahh what a lovely sight" Hunter smiled, setting the tray of food on the coffee table. "All of my pretty girls in the same room"