Chapter 10 - I didn't lie to you

Start from the beginning

"Oh really?" Ayla smiled.

"Yeah. Lachlan and I couldn't believe it when mama told us that you're our big sister" Caryll said.

"I couldn't either" Ayla chuckled. 

"Come on. Lachlan is waiting for you over there" Caryll said. Ayla nodded. She didn't get to properly talk to him during the party. She followed Caryll as he led her to the dining room when Lachlan stood leaning against the fridge door, arms crossed against his chest with Cameron and Gage standing right in front of him. She frowned as they looked tensed. 

Lachlan stood up straight as he saw Ayla approaching with Caryll. His lips formed a small smile as he saw her and gave a small nod. He held his hands out, bringing her into a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead. He broke the hug but still held her by his side, his face went back to serious mode. 

Ayla looked at the four boys who stood around her, all had serious expressions in their faces. 

"Is everything okay?" Ayla asked, sensing the tension. 

Lachlan took a deep breath, shifting his position and stood straight, but still had his arm around Ayla. 

"I know this isn't the reaction or the way we speak that you were expecting as of right now, but we have some serious things to discuss, Ayla" Lachlan said. 

"Serious?" Ayla asked. "What happened?" 

"You know these two, yes?" Lachlan asked.

"Of course I do. They're my best friends" Ayla said.

"Best friends?" Cameron asked, a little sense of rage in his tone. "Best friends, you call us? Best friends?"

Ayla looked at Cameron, confused by his rage. 

"We're not best friends, Ayla. Because best friends don't hide things from each other. They tell each other the truth no matter what and it don't matter if it hurts. But best friends tell the truth, Ayla" Cameron spat.

"Cammy, I can-"

"Don't call me that" Cameron said, his face looked so pissed, it was the first time Ayla saw this side of his. "You knew about all of this and you didn't tell me?" 

"I wanted to but-"

"Save it, Ayla. You lied to me. And I don't want to hear your lies anymore" Cameron spat, crossing his arms across his chest. 

"Cammy, I didn't lie to you" Ayla reasoned.

Cameron sniggered. "And you didn't tell me the truth either. You knew that you were my...." Cameron gulped the ugly truth. "Sister. And you didn't even tell me. After everything we've been through. After all of these years of knowing each other. You couldn't even give me a heads up before the party saying that you're my sister and I ended up looking like a fool over there" 

"Cammy, papa told me to make it a surprise" Ayla explained.

Cameron snorted when he heard her call Shawn her papa. "That's all he ever cares about. That's all you ever care about. That's all you both ever care about. Yourselves. You both never think about how it's gonna effect others and how much its gonna hurt others. All you both care is about your own ass. You're selfish, Ayla!" Cameron spat.

Ayla looked at him in disbelief, not quite understanding why he was so angry. "You don't like that we're siblings? You don't like that I'm your sister now. Is that what this is about, Cammy?"

"No, I don't like it! I don't like it one bit" Cameron said, his eyes looking at her dead in the eye.

"I thought we were like family all these years?" Ayla asked, her heart broken into pieces upon hearing what Cameron just said. "I thought were like siblings?"

Cameron snorted again, in an attempt to hide the tears that were slowly forming at the edge of his eyes. 

"There you are again. Thinking about only how you feel and playing dumb as if you don't know anything" Cameron said, annoyed.

"Watch it, Cameron" Lachlan warned, uneasy with the tone that Cameron was using to speak to Ayla. 

Cameron rolled his eyes, getting more and more annoyed.

"What do you mean, Cammy?" Ayla asked. "What did I do wrong? What do I not know?" 

"That I love you, Ayla!" Cameron burst, screaming from the top of his lungs, his face was red from how frustrated he was.

His scream caught the attention of everyone in the household as the adults stood at the dining area hallway, stunned at Cameron's outrage. 

Ayla stood there, stunned. She felt as though air was stuck in her throat. Her mind went blank as she stared at the usually loving face turned into a monster. The fact that he was yelling at her was already heart breaking, and to hear the words that she never thought in her life would happen. 

Cameron huffed and puffed from frustration. But reality hit him quickly as he realized what he had done. His face softened when he saw Ayla's eyes turned glassy and her horrified expression told him that he definitely stepped over the line. 

He threw his face towards the hallway where his parents and his uncles stood, stunned at his actions and confession. The disappointed look from his parents broke him more than ever. He messed up. 

**********************

Author's note:

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS! I swear it hurts me too, but I just had to do it. I'm sorry, guys. You guys would understand this in the future of why these things needed to happen. 

I'm honestly really sad for Cammy. He deserves more. 

Let me know what you guys think is gonna happen next. 

Signing out,

Veena

(Date: 14/05/24)

(Word count:3848)