06 . " Slipping through my fingers. "

— ★ —

— ★ —

   Yanfei tried and tried to convince Xingqiu that he was inlove but Xingqiu kept denying it. The two went back and forth, and Yanfei was getting sick of it. She grabbed Xingqiu's collar and looked him dead in the eye.

" Xingqiu, this is a fucking threat. If you do not accept the fact that you like Chongyun, I am gonna shove carrots up where the sun don't shine. You got that? " Yanfei said, her voice sounding very annoyed and irritated from going back and forth.

" But... Yanfei, Chongyun is just my best friend! I probably caught some disease.. Yeah! Definitely! Why would I fall in love with my best friend? He's a man, I'm a man, we're both men! That has to be illegal right?.. CHECK YOUR LAW BOOKS! " Xingqiu gently pushed Yanfei off.

Yanfei sighed and got out one of her very heavy law books, she threw it ay Xingqiu and Xingqiu caught it with some struggle because of how heavy it was " You check it! I'm sick of your bullshit, I'm gonna get my money's worth! " Yanfei walked away to go to Wanmin Restaurant and get the money she won.

Xingqiu held the heavy book in his hands and made a tsk sound, knowing this was gonna be a long night.

He headed back to his home and locked himself in his room, he flipped through the pages of the thick law book that Yanfei had lended to him. He spent hours, and hours on end; trying to find if it was illegal in anyway for someone to fall in love with the same gender. He is in such denial, he doesn't wanna accept the fact that he likes Chongyun. He and Chongyun had been friends since they were children. Xingqiu didn't wanna ruin that friendship.

The sun started to rise and Xingqiu was left disappointed to not find any laws that say that falling inlove with the same gender is illegal. He sighed, and closed the book.

He got up and grabbed the heavy law book and went out to find Yanfei. He walks wobbly around Liyue, trying to find Yanfei. Without realizing, Chongyun had snuck up behind Xingqiu.

" BOO! Hi, Xingqiu. " Chongyun smiled at Xingqiu, who looked exhausted and tired with deep eye bags.

Xingqiu was too tired to be scared, all he could do was yawn " Hello, my liege. Good morning. "

Chongyun noticed how exhausted Xingqiu looks and asked " Xingqiu, are you okay? You seem exhausted.. What's wrong? "

" It's nothing, don't worry about me; dear, Chongyun. I'm just trying to find Yanfei since I need to return this law book that she lended me yesterday. " Xingqiu rubbed his eyes.

" Xingqiu, did you stay up all night reading this book? Why were you even reading this book? You know I worry about you whenever you stay up late, just reading all night.. " Chongyun scolded his best friend.

" Need not to worry, my liege. This is normal! I'm used to it. " Xingqiu forced a smile.

The two talked until Xingqiu found Yanfei. He returned the book he borrowed and Yanfei only smirked at him, Xingqiu replied with a glare and shaked his head. Chongyun only gazed at this scene, confusion filling his face.

₊˚⊹ᰔ TIME SKIP || Few Hours Later

Chongyun, Yanfei, and Xingqiu talked about random things for a few hours before Yanfei had to go. She had a rather busy schedule in the afternoon, as a legal expert—she had many cases to tend to.

Xingqiu and Chongyun bid their goodbye's to Yanfei and headed to the hill where they usually hangout at, once they arrived; Xingqiu fell face flat on the grass below the tree and groaned loudly. He rolled over to face the leaves that were moving with the wind as Chongyun sat beside him.

" Xingqiu, are you sure you're okay? You seemed very tired today. What kept you up last night? " Chongyun looked down at Xingqiu who looked like he was about to fall asleep any minute now.

When Xingqiu heard this question, he didn't know what to reply. He couldn't just.. confess his love on the spot! He isn't even sure that he likes Chongyun! Xingqiu could only sigh and face Chongyun.

" My liege, don't worry about me. I was just... reading the law. "

" Xingqiu, you don't usually read the law.. that's a bit odd of you. "

" ... I read all types of things. "

" Xingqiu, is there anything on your mind? Are you sure that's it? Are you okay? "

" Chongyun, please.. I just need some rest, you don't need to worry about me since I'm completely okay. " Xingqiu closed his eyes. Chongyun moved closer to Xingqiu and he put Xingqiu's head on his lap, Xingqiu was take aback at his actions but was too tired to care.

" Xingqiu, remember our childhood together? "

" Hmm?.. Why'd you suddenly ask me that, Chongyun? "

" Remember the silly nicknames we gave each other as kids? You know, 'Yun and 'Xing? "

Xingqiu chuckled " Ah.. yes, 'Xing and 'Yun. How silly we were. "

Chongyun ran his fingers through Xingqiu's uneven, dark blue, soft hair.

" Hey, 'Xing.. " Chongyun says Xingqiu's childhood nickname " Time passes by so quickly. It's like it's slipping through my fingers, every second that passes by. "

" I agree, 'Yun. "

The two felt at peace. It was windy, the sun was starting to set, the tree swayed along with the wind, nothing was more beautiful than this. Xingqiu slowly fell asleep on Chongyun's lap; once Chongyun was sure that Xingqiu was asleep, he ran his fingers through the bluenette's hair once more.

Chongyun could honestly tell that Xingqiu was very tired, though; he doesn't know why but won't ask Xingqiu. It was rather obvious that be didn't want to talk about it, he just assumed that it was because of his father or personal matters.

Chongyun let Xingqiu sleep on his lap for awhile since he knew he was exhausted. After about an hour of Chongyun zoning out into the scenery that was upon him, he decided to gently wake Xingqiu up.

" Xingqiu, wake up. We should really head home now. "

Xingqiu groaned " Five more minutes.. "

" Xingqiu.. it's late, the sun has already set. I want to stay here as much as you do but we have to go. We don't know what dangers could show up right now. "

Xingqiu sat up lazily " Fine... "

The two walked back to their homes silently, but not in an awkward silence—more of a comfortable silence. Once they arrived to their homes, the two immediately head to bed.

The next day when Xingqiu woke up, he remembered the events from last night 'Oh no.. What's happening to me..? This.. This has to stop!'

─────── ʚ ♡ ɞ ───────

nyamnyamnyam (I hope it isn't obvious that I don't know what to say anymore in these)