04 . " Except you, you can stay. "

— ★ —

— ★ —

A month has passed since that incident and Xingqiu was doing healthier than before! He invited him and his friends to have dinner together at his home and bond for the whole night. Kind of like a sleepover.

The group pulls up at Xingqiu's home and Xingqiu welcomes them with open arms. He tells everyone to make themselves at home while he makes his chef to cook their food.

Xingqiu then joins the group at his living room and they chat for quite a while before the chef informed Xingqiu and the others that the food is ready. The group heads over to Xingqiu's rather large dining room and they start to eat.

Xingqiu excused himself to go to the bathroom and Chongyun took this chance to sneak carrots into Xingqiu's food, it was time for Chongyun's revenge arc. Of course, the others were on it as well so they didn't bother trying to stop Chongyun.

Once Xingqiu came back, he took a bite of his food and saw.. Carrots. He slowly looked at Chongyun who was 'innocently' eating his food and then turned to Hu Tao.

“ Hu Tao... ” Xingqiu glared.

Hu Tao was just chewing on her delicious food “ Hmm?.. What? ” she made eye contact with Xingqiu with her mouth full of food.

“ Hu Tao, did.. did you put carrots in my food?.. ” Xingqiu looked like he was ready to JUMP Hu Tao.

Hu Tao makes eye contact with Chongyun and he could only smile at Hu Tao “ It was Chongyun who put carrots in your food! Not me! ”

Xingqiu had a rather hard time believing Hu Tao, since she was Xingqiu's partner in crime whenever he and Hu Tao would sneak Jueyun Chilis into Chongyun's food-but he believed her.

Xingqiu looked at Chongyun who was looking away, guiltily “ Chongyun, did YOU put carrots in my food? ”

“ N-no.. Yes?? Uh.. maybe?? NO! I'd neve- probably?.. ” Chongyun started stumbling on his words, this is when Xingqiu knew he put carrots in his food.

Xingqiu stood up and went over to Chongyun, he looked at him in the eyes and then hugged Chongyun tightly.

“ Baby Yun-Yun is growing up! He's starting his villain arc! He's learning from my bad influence! ” Xingqiu said like a proud uncle.

“ ... Don't pull pranks on me, dear Chongyun. I know you're learning but don't try it out on me. ” Xingqiu let go and smiled at Chongyun in a menacing way “ I'll let this slide... for now.. ” Xingqiu walked over to his seat at the dinner table and took out every slice of carrot in his food.

After they ate dinner, they all made their way to the living room to hang out.

“ Xingqiu, would you kiss Chongyun for 600,000 mora? ” Hu Tao smirked.

“ Hmm.. let me think about this. Yes, I guess. It IS a lot of mora, after all. ” Xingqiu answered Hu Tao's question and all the girls started giggling.