03 . " Please, hold on.. "

— ★ —

— ★ —

    Xiangling apologized for slapping Xingqiu and he forgave her. They stayed at the hill until noon and decided that it was time to go home.

The group separated and each of them went home to their houses. 

A week had passed after their night in the hills. Chongyun and Xingqiu met up and planned on going on an adventure to find evil spirits! Xingqiu gave a fake lead and the two headed on their way.

Their destination is supposedly in Dragonspine. Of course, Xingqiu didn't think much of this since this lead that he gave Chongyun was fake. But the poor Chongyun was excited, he thought he would finally be able to see spirits! Xingqiu felt a little bad but... a prank is a prank.

Xingqiu followed Chongyun around while he looked for evil spirits. Eventually, Xingqiu got bored and told Chongyun he would just walk around Dragonspine.

— XINGQIU'S POV:

  Once I was out of Chongyun's sight, I wandered around Dragonspine absent-mindedly. I was quite bored so I just left Chongyun to find ‘Evil Spirits’.

I enjoyed wandering around Dragonspine, to be honest. Though, it was very cold—I didn't mind, this place was rather pretty. I grabbed a heat pack held it tightly in my hands, trying to warm myself up.

I walked into a certain part in Dragonspine and saw a pack of Cryo Whopperflowers.

“ Oh, shit! ” I cussed under my breath and grabbed my blade. There were about 5 Cryo Whopperflowers, and I defeated them with ease. I smugly smiled and walked away.

I walked around Dragonspine and entered a certain area. I looked around and suddenly felt an eerie feeling. While standing and looking around, I felt a gust of cold air on my body behind me—I looked behind me and saw the Great Snowboar King...

“ Oh.. shit.. ” I cussed under my breath again and suddenly, my flight response kicked in. I tried to run away since I knew that I wouldn't be able to defeat this boar on my own so I just started to run. When I almost reached the exit, large boulders of ice fall and cover the exit.

I turned to another direction while the giant boar kept chasing me. Then suddenly, the boar hit me and I fell onto a rock, face flat, and started bleeding. I stood up and hit the boar but the jumped on me and my body started to bleed. I still tried running away even if I was in unbearable pain.

After five minutes of running around, I was running out of energy and passed out. I felt the presence of the boar starting to leave after I passed out.

— 3RD PERSON POV:

   Chongyun started to notice that Xingqiu had been gone for quite awhile. The sun had already set and he started to get worried so he started to look around Dragonspine, trying to find Xingqiu.

After an hour of searching, he found Xingqiu laying on the bloody snow. Chongyun's face drained it's color and he ran to Xingqiu, holding him up and laying him on his lap. Chongyun examined Xingqiu's appearance, he saw that Xingqiu had a scar on his temple and a few cuts around his body. He also felt that Xingqiu had a broken rib.

“ Xingqiu?! Xingqiu?! Ar-..Are you conscious?! ” Chongyun waited for a few seconds for a response before confirming that Xingqiu was unconscious.

Chongyun stood up and carried Xingqiu, he ran to Mondstadt and went to Barbara. When Barbara saw this, she lead the two into a room with a bed and made Chongyun lay Xingqiu down.

Barbara healed Xingqiu, but it would take time for Xingqiu to recover fully.

“ Xingqiu was very lucky to not have gotten any very severe injuries, it appears that he was attacked by the Great Snowboar King. Usually, people who have been attacked by the Great Snowboar King would have severe injuries or wouldn't even make it. ” Barbara said, paying close attention to Xingqiu's injuries—making sure she didn't miss anything.

Barbara left the two to be alone and Chongyun sat down on a chair besides Xingqiu's bed.

Chongyun grabbed Xingqiu's limp hand and caressed it gently “ Please, hold on.. ” he said, looking at Xingqiu who had bandages all over his body.

Around three days pass by and Chongyun has been taking care of Xingqiu. Once the 3rd day hit, Xingqiu finally opened his eyes again. He sat up while Chongyun was asleep and looked around his surroundings, he wondered where he was and what happened.

After a few minutes, he then remembered what happened. His body still hurt, but the pain was mild. He looked beside him to see Chongyun leaning down on his bed, asleep. Xingqiu smiled at this scene and ran his hands through Chongyun's blue, fluffy hair.

He looked on his bedside table and saw the book he carried when he was attacked by the boar, he grabbed it and flipped through its pages to find the page he was on. He read for awhile until Chongyun woke up.

Chongyun's eyes widened “ Xingqiu?.. You're.. awake? ” Xingqiu turned to Chongyun who was in shock.

Xingqiu chuckled “ Chongyun, how long was I out for? ”

Chongyun ignored Xingqiu's question and hugged him tightly, causing Xingqiu to drop his book. Xingqiu gave a small smile and hugged him back. Xingqiu tried letting go, but Chongyun refused.

“ Xingqiu... you're so reckless... ” Chongyun buried his face into Xingqiu's shoulder.

Xingqiu let go of the hug and dramatically clutched his chest, he then gasped dramatically “ How could you say that about me! I am so hurt! ”

Chongyun still wouldn't let go of Xingqiu, his hands fall onto Xingqiu's waist “ Be careful next time, idiot. ”

When Xingqiu felt Chongyun's hands on his waist, his face turned a bright shade of red “ Dear, Chongyun—Don't worry about me! I'm okay now. ”

Chongyun finally let go after 10 more minutes, he stood up and said “ I'm gonna go look for Barbara, to check if you are okay now. ” and left.

When Chongyun left, Xingqiu laid back down and screamed into his pillow. Why would Chongyun do that to him?! Why would Chongyun hug Xingqiu by the waist?! Why is Xingqiu feeling like this?!

After around 3 minutes, Xingqiu finally calmed down and sat back up. Chongyun came back with Barbara and she ran a thorough check-up on Xingqiu. It looked like he was okay now but his ribs need a week more of healing, but he was free to go.

Xingqiu and Chongyun embarked back on their journey, on their way to Liyue. Whenever something would attack them, Chongyun's fight response was activated. Even if it was just a mere slime, Chongyun would obliterate it. He doesn't want Xingqiu to get hurt again, even until now he was still healing.

They finally reach Liyue and Chongyun accompanied Xingqiu to his home before leaving Xingqiu to rest in the comfort of his own room.

─────── ʚ ♡ ɞ ───────

Heya !! I still don't know how to write angst so bare with me lolzies... Hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a good night/da‼️💗