07 . " Xingqiu, stop avoiding me! "

— ★ —

— ★ —

   A few weeks after that night, Chongyun had started to notice that Xingqiu was avoiding him. Whenever Xingqiu saw a boy with light blue hair; he would immediately turn the other way. Chongyun started to wonder what he did wrong, and why was Xingqiu acting like this?

Chongyun has recently been spending a lot of time at the hill where they usually hangout, praying to Rex Lapis that Xingqiu would show up and the two would talk again. Chongyun was starting to miss Xingqiu, he has been overthinking why his best friend was avoiding him.

The truth is—Xingqiu is only avoiding Chongyun is because recently, Xingqiu was starting to realize that he liked Chongyun, romantically. Xingqiu couldn't accept this so he thought that if he avoided Chongyun, this feeling would go away. Of course, Xingqiu didn't like this idea but what choice did he have? If his family found out that he was into men, they would disown him. If Chongyun found out he liked him, the two's friendship would be ruined. There's no win-win situation for this!

Xingqiu, too, missed Chongyun dearly. But he couldn't bring himself to talk to Chongyun. He doesn't want to be in love with his best friend, he just couldn't accept it. So all he could do was wait for his feelings to go away, even if he knew that Chongyun was starting to get hurt; he doesn't want to talk to him. Xingqiu was afraid if he talked to Chongyun again—he would fall deeper in love with him.

₊˚⊹ᰔ A Day Later !!

   Xingqiu was hanging out with Xiangling at Wanmin Restaurant. The two were talking before Xingqiu saw a glimpse of Chongyun in his peripheral vision. He immediately jumped from his seat and hid under his table, Xiangling saw this and wondered why Xingqiu was under his table.

“ Xing-.. ” Xiangling got cut off by Xingqiu.

“ SHH!.. SHH!.. SHH!.. ” Xingqiu put a finger over his mouth, gesturing to Xiangling to shut up.

Xiangling saw Chongyun, she looked at Xingqiu and sighed. She made her way to Chongyun and started a conversation with him instead.

“ Hey, Chongyun! What's up? ” Xiangling smiled brightly at the light blue-haired boy infront of her.

“ Uh.. Oh, nothing much. By the way, why were you staring at that table with a disappointed face? ” Chongyun pointed at the table where she was just at.

“ Xingqiu is hiding under that table like an idiot who had just lost his mind. ”

“ Xingqiu?.. ” Chongyun froze when Xingqiu was mentioned.

“ Uh.. Chongyun, are you okay? ” Xiangling gave Chongyun a concerned look.

“ Is he still here? ” Chongyun grabbed Xiangling by her shoulders and shook her gently.

“ Yeah?.. I think so. ”

Chongyun let go of Xiangling and made his way to the table where Xingqiu was hiding under, and looked under. There he saw, Xingqiu crawled up into a ball.

“ Xingqiu?.. ” Chongyun looked at Xingqiu with hurt in his eyes.

Xingqiu looked up to see Chongyun, looking at him with those hurt eyes.
“ Oh, shit! ” Xingqiu tried standing up but hit his head hard on the table he is under, he grabbed his head and groaned in agony. He crawled under the table and ran out of Wanmin Restaurant.

Chongyun chased after Xingqiu, Xingqiu didn't know where he was going. As long as he doesn't talk to Chongyun, he looks back behind him to see Chongyun chasing him.

' FUCK! ' Xingqiu ran faster.

Xingqiu and Chongyun had been running for 25 minutes now and Xingqiu was starting to get tired, but for Chongyun; he doesn't even look tired. Not even a single bit of exhaustion in his expression.

Eventually, Xingqiu fell on the grass out of exhaustion, he was on his knees; while Chongyun stood behind him—breathing heavily. Xingqiu wanted to run away, but he physically couldn't.

“ Xingqiu. ” Chongyun said, his tone serious.

Xingqiu just faced another direction, he didn't want to look at Chongyun.

“ Xingqiu, look at me. ” Chongyun took a step closer to Xingqiu.

Xingqiu stayed silent.

“ Xingqiu, stop ignoring me! ” Chongyun walked over to Xingqiu and hugged him from behind “ Please.. ” Xingqiu could tell that Chongyun was hurt, even if it wasn't obvious. He knew his best friend too well to not know what he was feeling.

Xingqiu could only stay silent, trying his best to break out of Chongyun's embrace, but Chongyun held on so tightly.

“ Xingqiu, please, what did I do? Why are you avoiding me? ” Chongyun looked up at Xingqiu who's hair was in his face and he was facing a different direction, obviously avoiding Chongyun's gaze.

“ Chongyun.. Let go.. ”

“ No, ” Chongyun said sternly “ Not until you tell what's going on. ”

“ Chongyun.. Please.. ” Xingqiu pleaded.

₊˚⊹ᰔ Xiangling's POV !!

   I watched the two run out of my restaurant, a very confused expression fills my face. But, whatever! Crazy shit like this happens all the time, it's not new. This is the least strange thing I've seen today. I still wonder why those two ran out of my restaurant..

₊˚⊹ᰔ With Xingqiu & Chongyun !!

   “ Xingqiu, talk to me. Stop avoiding me. ” Chongyun held on tighter.

This was it, the word vomit, the things Xingqiu has been wanting to say for so long.. it was gonna come out, he didn't want it to but he couldn't take it. It was word vomit, the things he never wanted to say were about to come out.. This was it...

Xingqiu took a deep breathe “ I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU, OKAY?! IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, CHONGYUN?! THERE.. I said it.. that's the only reason why I was avoiding you, because I liked you. I never wanted these feelings nor expected it, I thought this feeling was just.. platonic. ” Xingqiu felt like he was about to cry, he didn't want to confess like this.. Infact, he didn't even want to confess at all!

Chongyun froze at his words, he was flabbergasted. Once Xingqiu realized that Chongyun was frozen in shock, he took the opportunity and escaped from Chongyun's embrace. He ran back to his house and locked himself in.

₊˚⊹ᰔ Chongyun's POV !!

   I was left there on the ground, on my knees—in shock. Xingqiu.. likes me? I couldn't believe it, I thought I would never find love.. or someone who loves me. I was in shock for about ten minutes before blushing a very deep red. I don't know what to feel about this, I can't tell if I should be happy or not.

I stood up and headed back to my home, I clearly needed time to process and think about this before talking to Xingqiu again. I don't know what to feel about this, maybe soon I should talk to Yanfei about this? After all, I heard she was a good person to go to for advice.

─────── ʚ ♡ ɞ ───────

HAII! so uh, if it's okay; can you guys give me chapter title ideas? I'm running out of ideas. Not forcing ofc! Have a good night/day! ♡