Sad Ending (I hope)

Start from the beginning

I try not to raise my voice, I don't want to start a fight I can't win.

He releases me from his hold for a moment before pulling me towards him so fast I gasp.

"Please, Will, I need you. You can't leave. I won't let you leave but I really don't want to fight you either."

A shiver goes through my body. The idea that the vampire might not let me leave had occurred but I had thought we were past that. Unfortunately I guess I was too optimistic.

"I'm sorry, Nico, but this is killing me. If you love me as much as I love you, you'll let me go."

I whisper the last part, hoping it'll work.

Nico shakes his head.

"That's a dirty trick, William. You're staying, like it or not. If I have to throw you back in the cell I'm going to be upset."

I push him away. The cell is still the most terrifying thing I've ever gone through, I'm tired of him bringing it up to fight me.

"Would you stop saying that! You know how I feel about the cell, how I felt in there, and you promised you'd never put me back in there."

My volume increases to a yell, Nico matches my tone.

"I've said I'm sorry, I was desperate at the time. I thought we'd at least moved past that. I do know how you feel about the cell, and I honestly would like nothing more for you to never see that place again, but you have to stay."

Nico's sincerity is clear but it does nothing but fuel my rage.

"Don't act like you understand! I'm leaving because I'm miserable.", I poke him on the chest, "You stole me away from my life, did awful things to me, told me you loved me and then just tossed me aside to stay here during all hours."

Nico stands up and picks me up, tossing me over his shoulder. I yell and slam my fists against his back but he doesn't react.

"Nico. Put me down."

No response.

The idea of the cell pops into my head.

I lower my voice to a whisper.

"Cell?"

I flinch, I didn't mean for it to be a question but it came out as one.

Nico stops walking, reaching up to stroke my head soothingly, although it does little for me now.

"No, Love, I really don't want to have to do that. We're going to my office, I'm making sure you don't run."

I nod and relax a bit, even though I want to leave, fighting Nico won't help. Besides, I don't want to hurt him.

We reach his office and he sets me down on the spiny chair, which my ADHD really does not need during a serious conversation but alas, and he locks the door with his key.

"What can I do to make you want to stay?" Nico asks, his voice is heart wrenchingly gentle.

"I'm sorry but there's nothing, I'll visit you though, or you can move in with me even."

I had originally wanted to go to therapy before having him move in or visiting him, but he seems so heartbroken.

"Yes there is. Whatever you want, name it, I'll give you anything, Will."

He leans over in his chair, laying his head in my lap.

"I'm sorry, Nico, but I need to live my own life, I still want you in it though."

Nico shakes his head and sits up. I place my hands in my pockets nervously.

He stands up, towering over me for once since I'm sitting down.

"I'm very sorry, Will, but you're not leaving."

He turns to grab something from a cabinet and then he comes towards me.

Nico smiles sadly, holding a syringe in his hand.

I move without thinking.

The knife goes through his stomach.

His eyes go wide and he falls to his knees. I jump up and kneel next to him, my hands shaking.

What have I done

What have I DONE.

"N-Nico? Oh my gods I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean that. I acted on impulse. Y-You... you'll survive right? Since you're a vampire? Please, Nico."

I shift uncontrollably between yelling and weakly whispering as I speak.

He shakes his head pulling me to him, I feel the warmth of his blood as it soaks into my shirt, I feel sick.

My vision is cloudy as I hug him tightly.

I yell, gripping onto the vampire with white knuckles.

"No, no I'm so sorry, I take it back, let me take it back. I'll fix this, I can fix this!"

I hold him closer and he coughs.

"It's okay, Will, Love, I forgive you. I'm so sorry that I scared you this much..."

I shake my head violently.

I take a shallow breath, managing to force out a few words.

"No I didn't mean it, I told you I didn't mean it. I'd never do this. Not to you, Nico."

He runs a bloody hand through my hair, I choke back a sob.

"I love you, Will, so so much. I'm sorry for everything I did."

Nico's voice is weak and shaky, he's scared or maybe sad? I can't think enough to decipher his feelings, I'm hyperventilating.

"You can't go, Nico. Please don't go. I'll stay. I'll stay. I'll stay! Just stay too."

I sob, not even sure if my words are intelligible.

Nico kisses my forehead.

"Tell me you love me please, Will, if it's still true, before I go."

I shake my head, wanting to argue that he's not going anywhere, but at the same time I see his eyes starting to get foggy, and his grip on me weakens.

I tighten my grip, as though hoping to account for his loss of strength.

"I-I love you, Nico, I never doubted that. I love you so so much, please stay, please."

Nico laughs. Actually laughs, while bleeding out in my arms.

"It seems the roles have reversed... except I really do wish I could stay with you, Will."

And then he's gone.

Just a single breath and the person I loved more than anything is gone forever.

I let out a hysterical cry.

Maybe it was messed up, maybe we were codependent and desperate but Nico was everything to me. My entire life for the past year and a half.

I can't live without him.

"I won't"

I mutter into Nico's ear.

With the gentleness of a butterfly I pull the knife from Nico's stomach.

The idea that his blood will be inside my body after mine has been in his so many times is sort of poetic in a miserable, awful kind of way.

I shove the knife straight through my neck.

I thought something more would happen, but it's just a sharp, jolting pain as blood shoots out of my neck, a gurgle and then it's over. As my eyes blur I catch one last glimpse of my lover, he looks beautiful even like this.

I hope vampires have a heaven. 

CONTENT WARNING: Murder and Suicide

AN: tehe? 😊💔

Also please know that in this ending, Dusty was cared for afterwards so dw. And to soysauce, you got what you want, so you gotta draw me smth good now ❤️❤️❤️