Lawyers are evil, even in the duck world

A/N: So this truely needs a re-write but I don't have the energy right now whoopsies, shorter chapter for now but things will pick up soon. It's a bit filler but some motivation is learned.

TW: for slightly possessive behavior, not really but like... sorta.

Nico pov

I stand next to Will for a moment, the air filled with both fear and comfort.

I want to hug him again but it seems like it'd be too much for him at the moment, so I just sit there, letting him breathe till his heart catches back up to its normal pace.

A loud noise comes from behind and we both flinch remembering suddenly that we're not alone in the house.

The boy comes charging down the stairs with a rubber duck in his hand and my clothes which are far to big draped carelessly around him.

Will gives me a look somewhere between confused and amused.

"So what's his name?"

I open my mouth to share before realising I don't know. Will waits for me to answer before huffing and turning to the boy, bending down slowly to be eye to eye with him.

"Hey sweetheart, it's nice to meet you, my names Will, what's your name?" He keeps his voice soft and bright though the slight shake is not lost on me.

The little one gives Will a toothy grin.

"Dusty, D-U-S-T-Y, it's actually Dustin but nobody calls me that." He then shifts his focus from Will to the very important matter of playing with his (my) rubber duck.

From what I can make out the duck got into an accident and is trying to find a lawyer that isn't evil, unsuccessfully.

The blonde stands up and turns to me.

I search his eyes for the disgust or fear that should be there, but I don't find any, and that's somehow even worse.

"So what are you gonna do with him? I mean he's a vampire now so he'll live forever and all right?"

I nod guiltily. Because he's a turned vampire he won't even get the experience of growing, stuck in the body of an eight year old for as long as he survives.

I walk over to the couch, taking a seat and quickly feeling Will take a place next to me his warmth far greater than that of the couch.

His head falls onto my shoulder as he sighs.

"I forgive you, Nico." I don't bother asking what for.

"You shouldn't, not for any of it." I glance over at the kid.

"He definitely won't, once he understands what I've done."

"He will, eventually, trust me when I say you're a hard person to stay mad at."

He laughs and I feel my body relax, as if it has no other choice but to ease to this angel's voice.

It's not right for him to forgive me this fast, or at all, but I appreciate it dearly. I need it. It feels like forgiveness and maybe even friendship. At the back of my mind another word creeps into existence; permission. I quickly shake away the thought with horror.

Slowly Will raises his head, and I find myself missing his blonde curls against my neck.

He goes over to Dusty and is quickly integrated into the game as one of the evil lawyers.

I almost want to go over there as well, if only to be closer to the blonde's bright smile, but instead I go upstairs finding Jules asleep in his room. It's rare for him to sleep so I leave him, opting to prepare the kid's room myself instead.

From the way Will's treating the boy I assume he must be very young by human standards so I get him set up in the room next to mine just in case.

I have no idea how to deal with kids, especially one's I just killed. Even more so I have no idea how to deal with Will.

He was just meant to be a food source but now he's becoming something of a friend, as much as I hate it.

He's already in plenty of danger feeding me and living in my house, and I worry that if I start to see him as a friend I'll let my guard down or worse start caring and him.

Although in the back of my mind I know I already do, and it's not just empathy anymore.

I walk back down stairs, almost tripping when I'm hit with another bright smile from my human.

"Hey Nico we need a mermaid!" Im not exactly sure how a mermaid will fit into the plot but I nod anyways.

Eventually Dusty tires himself out and falls asleep. With careful arms Will carries him upstairs and into the room I prepared for him. After dropping him sorting in bed and tucking him below the sheets he sneaks out the door shutting it softly behind him.

Will's frowning now.

"We need to get some stuff for that room if you're gonna keep a kid there."

"We" I mutter not really thinking about it. Will shoots me a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"I just mean that we'll do it together, if you want to of course." Will smiles again.

"Yeah why not?" I laugh and a moment of comfortable silence follows. Will breaks it.

"I'm glad I came back. I know I shouldn't but I really care about you." A tear floats down his face at his words.

I'm not sure he wants to be touched so I don't.

"I'm glad you came back as well, and care about you too, although I wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe me." I laugh but it's not funny. It's really really sad, because I know I care about Will, like it or not, but I haven't done anything to show it, I've in fact proven the opposite.

Thats going to change though.

I'm going to show Will that I care, he same way he shows me.

I'm going to take care of him, and laugh with him, and never leave him.

I'm still going to feed from him unfortunately, but I'll be there after, to make sure he's okay and never take too much.

I've taken an unfortunate liking to this human.

I'm going to make him like me back.

A/N: Creepy or cute? Or both? Are you guys looking for messed up or cute?