e i g h t e e n

ignore any mistakes

as always leave a comment or two.

"Thomas, oi tom get in here" lola spoke popping her head out the door of the office looking around for the man who'd just got home, he'd gone to the new office buildings where he'd been been holding some of his less personal meetings with people who weren't welcome in their home.

sitting back down at the desk lola looked back down at her papers, they had a surprisingly large amount of interest in the job lola had advertised for new staff.

"what's up lo" the man asked as he walked into the office sitting in the chair across from his usual spot taking off the suit jacket getting comfortable, his meetings had ended early today leaving his schedule free all afternoon thank god.

"had a lot of interest in the job" the woman smiled as she pet the cat on her lap lightly, flicking to the next page adding the previous one to a pile.

"who you looking at now?" he wondered watching her brows furrow as she read the name.

"i really thought i recognised this last name and i can't think why for the life of me?"

"thorne? there were some thrones living in birmingham, ada married freddie you might have known of him?"

"oh yes little jewish boy with the really sweet grandma, she worked in a bakery taught me yiddish" lola smiled, looking across at his shocked face guessing that he wasn't familiar with it she spoke again "it's sort of like a european variant of Hebrew like german sort of i think she took pity on me because i'd sit on the bench outside the shop trying to catch pigeons" the woman rambled as she drew a tick next to her name putting her into another pile, she'd already marked a few candidates as a firm no, anyone who seemed suspiciously keen to get a look in on gang life, firm no.

"i know what yiddish is Lola, that's not the shocking part..." the man laughed slightly, at this point everything that came out of her mouth shocked him

"do you speak it well?" he asked, pausing as his mind caught up with him this whole conversation was confusing him.

"pigeons?" he asked after before she could answer his previous question. He felt like his head would explode when she got like this, he was used to being calm and collected but not lola, she had so many things going on at once he didn't understand how she could have so much going on in such a small head.

"sorry sorry i forget we aren't all as smart as tommy Shelby, i'm good at soeaking it never been much good at writing i'm weak at best even in english i forget myself sometimes you know end up missing words out." she smiled still flicking through the papers.

"Yes pigeons i wanted a pet and i was a very weird girl ok" she stopped with a smile turning the paper with the woman's credentials on it so it faced him.

"anyways i just didn't know if we recognised the name that's all" she smiled moving the bits of paper aside to look at the next load of women.

"you're full of surprises aren't you, bird catcher who can speak two languages ey i'll get you one for your birthday" he teased he had seen her writing and it was average nothing to be ashamed of

"please don't i developed a fear of birds in my later life it's amazing what you get up to as a small child" she smiled circling a few more names.

"a fear of birds- what's it gonna do peck you to death ?? you have two legs just run away from the fucker" he asked teaching for the yes pile in front of her.

"they have wings thomas"

"fucking hell love, you ain't half smart" he teased as he read the files.

"don't tease me, what do you think of them?" she asked referring to the papers in front of him.