e l e v e n

i'm sorry for any spelling mistakes

thomas, lola and charlie were all bundled into the front of one of tommy's cars as they made their way towards small heath, although ada was still fixated on her independence and life in london she and tommy had made a deal about her staying closer to home both knowing deep down that it was much safer to be close to their community whist tommy came up with a plan no doubt.

"phone me whenever you're ready" was tommy's parting words as they walked hand in hand towards the door of his sisters current lodgings in the family home with finn.

"morning ada" the ginger woman spoke as she walked into the living room having already greeted karl at the door as the little boy opened it peaking round the door as he did, lola placed charlie down allowing the boys to run free as she greeted ada.

"oh lola it's wonderful to see you" ada spoke getting up, dragging the younger woman into the kitchen grabbing the old china teapot.

"how is everything? how's finn?" lola attempted to make small talk as she passed ada the tea towel keeping an eye on the boys playing.

"well as expected with everything that went on, he's used to drama by now"

"i feel awful for it, tommy's been different recently although i haven't got much to go by"

"i'm not surprised it's tommy we're speaking about, whats going on between the two of you anyhow that scene he pulled was certainly something" ada queried

"i don't know, we've spoke about it, he asked me to be 'is woman but i can't shake the guilt"

"guilt" ada questioned pouring out some tea into both teacups offering the milk to lola

"i'm closer in age to finn than i am tommy" she sighed picking up the teacup

"my freddie was tommy's age, not quite the same" ada paused for a second "but still a good few years older, lola it's not a problem unless you let it trouble you, really its no one else's business but your own and i can tell you know tom won't give a fuck what people have to say"

the two women carried on speaking for hours, moving from tea to gin once the boys had been put to bed although lola hadn't plan to stay as long as she was but neither of them were too saddened by the outcome as they listened to the music, gin being poured generously into each of their glasses one after the other the amount increasing each time.

"ada i've got to go tommy's here" the drunk woman sighed looking at the blaring car lights through the window, picking up her handbag from the table unbuttoning the clasp and reaching for one of the cigarette she had stolen from the man in question before he had bid her goodbye, just as ada was about to open her mouth tommy did in fact walk through the front door, looking across the two drunk women with a look of confusion, clearly it wasn't just tea ada wanted.

"tom go get charlie would you love"

"oh don't worry about him i'll bring him home tomorrow it's fine" ada spoke looking over at tom then sending lola a wink.

"oh no that's fine ada, he's got a busy day tomorrow anyhow" she smiled attempting to stand in the drunken state failing miserably, getting up onto her feet making her way over to where tommy was just stood.

"see ya" lola whispered as tom walked back in with a sleeping charlie the three of them rushing into the car waving to ada as they went.

"what happened to tea eh?" tommy looked at the woman sat next to him as he started the car checking the mirrors before he went.

"we had tea"

"and fucking gin?"

"a bit yes, why tommy, is that a problem?" she asked defensively holding the sleeping child as tommy huffed not replying to her "have you forgotten that you drink everyday, in fact tommy enlighten me, have you drank tonight?" she asked as he ragged the car quickly through the dirt paths leading to their home ignoring her questioning.