Chapter 8

Mavis's POV

I woke up. It was easy to head out with all my things since I did not change into sleep clothes and my bag with the few things I had was packed before hand. So it was easy to sneak out with my two friends out of the tent and walk towards the prison. My friends used a spell to knock out the guards. I finally saw Dorian sleeping in his cell. It was painful to look at him like that. But I quietly opened the cell door and walked in. I carefully covered his mouth, so he wouldn't make a sound. When I was opening his shackles he woke up. Almost panicked but I guess the sparks from my arm on his mouth and my scent helped him know I was there.

Then we both walked up and met with my friends. I teleported us to a town I've seen on a map a few times before. It was far enough for us to travel to other places and far enough from many temporary witch military camps. I teleported us outside the town, near a small forest. That's where we set up the temporary camp. It was really early and we all wanted to sleep, especially my mate since he was finally off the restrains. Me and Dorian sat down on the temporary bed. My two friends were ready to go to sleep themselves. They kissed, just like any couple would but I didn't expect someone's reaction to it.

"Ew. Two men? Seriously?" Not so loud voice of Dorian spoke the words besides me. My immediate reaction was to punch his side to which he hissed at the pain.

"What?"

"They're my friends. The only friends I have. So you better change your mindset or else we are done. Well kind of."

"Alright. Alright."

I went to sleep. My mate joining me and making us both cuddle in the rather small bed. In the morning after we ate some food while we were removing the tents and getting ready to walk, I would find Dorian staring at my two friends. At one point I had to do something about it.

"Stop staring at them."

"Sorry. Can't help it."

"Since you are so old, how come you are not alright with such relationship?"

"I guess old times mindset."

"You better come around."

"I promise I will."

We began walking towards the town. Within half an hour we finally reached it. In there we went to a tavern to get some actual food. Dorian was trying his best not to look at Ducan and Joel in a bad way which I really appreciated.

''What's his deal?" Joel asked while gesturing to Dorian.

"Nothing." I tried to brush it off but he knew.

"Ohh. I get it now."

"He said that he will be tolerant."

"Good to know." Duncan spoke.

Our food arrived and it was good. Then we got out of the town and walked until we reached another forest where we made another temporary camp with tents. We knew we could not stay in one place from now on but at the same time had no idea for now what to do and where to hide for good. His cabin back in the redwoods would be nice but the witch army might be suspicious and would try to find it. Luckily I did use a spell to conceal it from others. I don't know exactly for how log it would last for, I hope for long enough.

We traveled all day, so night was coming soon. We decided to chat a bit about our plans for tomorrow and then go to sleep. Well the only kind of plans we could make were that we would just walk and avoid packs and witch territories or camps of them at all cost. Even though Dorian's identity as the killer wolf is not revealed or basically no one knows except for the witch military. Likely even our own faces have been known now, so I guess we might have to avoid any civilization. I hope we survive and the witch army won't find us, but if they do then I will fight. Me and Dorian laid on the small bed, it was made for two people, but somehow it is still very small, understandable but even the single beds are very small. His hot body made me feel warmer since tonight was actually a lot colder than the previous handful of nights. Th sparks made it even better since I felt them almost all over my body. It was nice sleeping once more with my mate by my side.

Duncan and Joel put out the campfire and everything around us became dark. Its honestly not bad to sleep outside, if the weather is good and the insects aren't eating you alive but spells help with that. I love being a witch. I've never gone against our kind before but I guess love makes you do crazy things and since my grandma is gone, even the money is not needed anymore, so why not rebel? This feels weird but I don't mind. Honestly our government and rules are dumb. I'm in my rebel faze now. And soon my eyes closed, sleep took over shortly after.

I was in an unfamiliar place. I was outside. I turned around and saw a building in the distance. That's when I realized it was a vision and not a simple dream. From the same as always signs. I made my way to the building which I would call a temple actually. Inside a saw some people there and they were chatting about something, well arguing rather. I walked closer to hear what they were talking about.

"You should not have done this!" A woman yells at another woman that is in the middle of the circle of the people.

"I loved him. I'm pregnant with his child and you cannot do anything about it."

"You are the moon goddess. How could you go to that mutt alpha and get yourself pregnant?" The moon goddess? What?

"That bastard child does not belong in the immortal realm!"

Then the vision changed to a different one. I could tell it was the moon goddess being in labor. The nurse or whoever it was got the child and said.

"It's a boy. What will his name be?"

"Dorian. Dorian Foster. Last name is his father's."

Dorian is the moon goddess child? How is that possible? His father is an alpha? That explains his alpha blood in him. But the killer wolf in him... I need answer and I might find them in the vision. The vision jumped into a different location, likely a different time as well. I saw the sam woman who had yelled at the moon goddess before and the familiar faces of the other people, likely gods themselves.

"We must curse her child. He is not to have been born. Must be pushed." The woman spoke.

"What do you have in mind?" A man asked.

"Wait and you'll see."

Jumped into another vision. I saw how the moon goddess and the other gods threw a small child, Dorian into the mortal realm, our world. So his mother didn't know about the curse yet? Likely. Then I was again transported into a different vision. Now I saw Dorian, in a pack, likely his father's pack since I saw a man with him that looked kind of like him and did say son to my mate. The night fell and the moon was full. That is then I saw Dorian as a child like seven years old shift into his wolf form but I didn't expect what happened next, he ran and killed nearby wolves that were guarding the pack. It was a horrific scenery to look at.

Then he shifted back, he saw the dead bodies and the blood he stared at that in shock, he didn't know what happened. His father ran to him and saw what happened. Everyone in the pack started to accuse the child of murder which they were unfortunately correct. So the other gods curse him to be like that? What is the cure then? As if it knew I saw transported to the temple where the moon goddess and the others were talking.

"You cursed him! There must be a cure to it!" The mother yelled.

"Oh yes there is but that would be his mate, not entirely. Unlucky for him, he will only get one mate that will be born sometime later and of course you'll know who to pair him up with. The mate just be powerful to undo such curse in some sort of way..."

It was cut before I could get any answers. I was put into yet another vision. I have gotten so many visions this night. The vision showed the father not wanting but having to throw away his child from the pack. Then everything went black and light. I was awake and I knew what I had to do next.