Chapter 3

Mavis's POV

The sun wasn't even going up yet and here I was awake and getting out of the camp with the spellbook and a few other needed supplies in a bag with me. I wasn't that far away from the camp but stayed a good distance from the woods as well. I set up the supplies. I had a map right in front of me, I spilled some blood which I tested to being to the werewolf and then I began to say the spell. Nothing happened. The blood stayed where it was. I was worried that the spell didn't work or that I messed up something or that the blood did not belong to him or that his mate wasn't out there or that he didn't have one. But then I was pulled into a vision. Yes, they can happen even during daytime or out of nowhere.

I was in an unknown location. Well it seemed to be a forest. I looked around but did not see anything. Then a wolf appeared right next to me, scaring me. Then the wolf transformed into a man. A good looking man. Our eyes met and he spoke first.

"Mate."

Quickly I woke up from the vision. I was still in the place where I did the spell. I walked away from the map and saw the blood travel it further down where I was. I am his mate? No, this cannot be true. Me? A witch? I was dabating on what to do. Well I suppose we could try. So I told the commander to gather the other higher ups for a meeting with me.

"What is the meaning of this?" The general spoke.

"I know how we can catch the monster."

"How?" The captain asked.

"I did a location spell this morning and I found out by a vision that I believe I am his true mate."

"This cannot be true."

"Perhaps. But if it is then it will be easy to catch him. He simply has to trust me and then everything will be done easily."

"Even if you are, he will know you are a witch."

"I will meet him in a disguise as a human." I reassured them.

"What about the tattoo?" The general asked.

We witches who had inrolled into the military all have a small triple moon tattoo on the high spot of our backs, nearby the neck area.

"My magic will conceal it. He won't notice it."

"How long do you think you will do this for?"

"I'll try to be as quick as I can. Likely we might even mark and mate each other."

"You sure about this?"

"Yes."

"Then get ready, spy."

I got back into our tent. I got dressed into a simple outfit, fit for a human town girl, that being my disguise.

"So the spell worked?" Joel asked.

"Yeah. I got a vison and I am his mate."

"Wow. That's interesting. I hope he doesn't kill you." Duncan said.

"I'm his mate, he won't."

I did the spell to make my appearance to change. My green eyes turned blue and my blond hair turned dark brown. I was ready. I walked into the woods and left everyone behind. I was all alone in this from now on. I tried not to walk too deep but deep enough for the werewolf not to fear for the other witches to see him. I got on my knees and pretended to pick the mushrooms that were growing there. And proceeded to put some into the basket that I had with me as a cover up. Soon I heard some sounds from nearby. I pretended not to hear a thing. When the man, the same looking form my vision appeared I finally showed that I had seen him nd showed fear in my face. His eyes met mine.