"Right," he trailed off. "Right, let's go."

The three of us walked side-by-side down to the school's lacrosse field, the fresh air blew through my hair and made me feel calmer and more relaxed, compared to how I had been feeling that morning.

The grassy field seemed dry in the cool weather that Beacon Hills had been experiencing. I tightened my jacket around myself, attempting to keep the cool air from freezing me solid. Don't get me wrong, I love the breeze, I just hated feeling like my skin was slowly freezing over.

"Hey, Riley, you never even told us how the doctors went," Stiles pointed out.

I shrugged, "It was fine. Got my stitches, pain medication and got out of there. No biggie."

Scott's face morphed into one of concern, "Are you sure?"

"Scott, you're the one who got bitten by a wolf. Not me."

"No wolves in California," Stiles added.

"Tell that to the bite in his side and the scratch on my arm," I said in a sing-song voice.

Stiles mock glared at me, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, Scott, man, we need to talk. If you play, I'll have no one to talk to on the bench. Are you really gonna do that to your best friend?"

"Hello? What am I then? Chopped liver?" I scoffed. Stiles threw a grin in my direction, before Scott replied.

"I can't sit out again. My whole life is sitting on the sidelines," Scott complained. He wasn't wrong, but that didn't mean that playing lacrosse was suddenly going to change his life.

Getting off of the sidelines in lacrosse didn't equal getting off of the sidelines in life.

"Poor baby," I pouted, pushing out my lower lip in fake sympathy.

"You're hilarious, Riley. This season, I make first line."

The three of us walked towards the field bench, where the boys spent most of the time during the games. I also sat there throughout games even though Coach told me not to. He's not very persistent, so I usually got away with it.

As soon as we were about to sit down, Coach Finstock walked over to Scott.
"McCall! You're on goal," he ordered as he threw a lacrosse stick at him.

When Scott caught the lacrosse stick he looked up at the Coach with a confused look. Hell, we were all confused as to why he was being put in goals. "I've never played."

Finstock just laughed, "I know. Scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost. It's a first day back thing," He hit Scott on the arm. Well, that makes sense I guess. "Get 'em energized, fired up!"

"What about me?"

"Try not to take any in the face," And with one more hit to the side of Scott's face, he walked off, and called everyone in to start the year's first training session.

Coach Bobby Finstock was not your average teacher, he didn't really care for the school's codes of conduct and such. He was a simple enough man, yet he always seemed to be annoyed at someone.

Plus, as well as coaching the lacrosse team, he was taking our Economics class this year.

"Harsh," I laughed to Stiles. "Poor, Scott. Kind of want him to do well this season."

Stiles swung a hand up and covered his heart, "Woah, what about me?" He gasped.

I bit my lip in thought, "Mmm, I guess you're chopped liver too," I chuckled.

Only moments later, the training session started, and the very first ball had already hit Scott square in the face. I gasped and Stiles grunted as Scott fell to the ground, as if in tune with the boy's pain. "Come on, Scott," I muttered under my breath.