Chapter 7: The longbottoms

15, August. 1998. 9.00am...

After breakfast everyone was sitting in the living room.

"Aunt Petunia? Dudley? Did anyone start you off on learning basic spells yet." Harry asked. They shook they're head's.

"I worked with them on wand movement's." Amber said, "And showed them how to shoot sparks and aim properly." the two nodded

"Good, thank you Amber. Do you want to learn one now while we wait for everyone to get here?" he asked

"Sure." Dudley shrugged taking his wand out of his pocket.

"What's the easiest to start with?" Petunia asked also removing her wand from her pocket.

"Um... Lumos, the light spell. Like this." Harry took his wand out, "Lumos!" a blinding light exploded from the tip of the wand, "Ah! Nox! Nox!" the light went out. "What the...? That's never happened before."

"Too much power behind it." James said rubbing his eyes, "You need to tone it down... A lot."

"Oop's. Hermione, you better show them." Harry said, "Until I can control my power better."

"Good idea." she took her wand out, "Lumos!" an average light shone like a torch out of her wand.

"That's what was supposed to happen." Harry chuckled, "All you have to do is say 'Lumos' and picture a light appearing at the end of your wand. You have to be confident it will work or it won't. To put it out again say 'Nox' and picture it going out..."

Harry continued to teach them some other basic spell's after they had mastered 'Lumos' and 'Nox'. By the time Luna arrived they had learned 'Wingardium Leviosa', 'Alohamora' (Courtesy of Hermione) and a few defensive spell's, jinxes and hexes from Harry, Remus, Dora and Kingsley.

"Hi Luna." Ginny smiled as Luna came through the Floo at 11.30.

"Hello Ginny. Hello everyone. What are you doing?"

"Teaching these two some basic spells." Harry informed her nodding at Petunia and Dudley who looked up from practicing the Leg-Locker hex.

Luna nodded, "Neville said he and his parent's will be over in a minute. Frank and Alice are a little nervous about being around people but they want to come." she explained.

"Fair enough. Anyone would be nervous after what happened to them." Molly nodded Bill and Fleur arrived as she said this and sat down silently.

There were three 'Crack's' from outside and Draco, Cissy and Astoria walked in.

"Hello." Draco said, "How many more people are to join us?"

"Three." Harry informed him, "Just Neville and his parent's."

"They were cured successfully late last night." Luna smiled, "That's why my patronus didn't come until this morning. It was at least 11pm and I know most of you would have been in bed or busy."

"Your right. Harry, Ron and Hermione was still at the bank and I was asleep." Ginny smiled, "I slept down here actually, on the floor as Misty."

"Harry joined her." Ron added.

"And they woke up to find Jex and Jinx lying either on top of Shadow or cuddling into Misty's tail." Molly chuckled.