Chapter 7: Decisions

Taylor's hands trembled with a mix of arousal and adrenaline as she fumbled with her keys, finally managing to get the apartment door open. She could practically feel the weight of Ava's gaze burning into her from behind, the heat of those smoldering whiskey eyes raking over her body in a way that had Taylor's knees going weak.

The tension had been an almost physical force all night, surrounding them in an exquisite sort of torment at the club. Every heated glance, every accidental brush of their bodies as they danced, stoked the raging fire of need coiling low in Taylor's belly until it blazed hotter than a supernova. Now, alone together and mercifully away from prying eyes, the blistering energy between them was crackling with imminent promise.

Taylor had barely made it two steps inside before she felt Ava's hand at the small of her back, that simple point of contact somehow managing to scorch right through the thin fabric of her dress. She gasped softly as Ava's warmth seeped into her, unable to bite back a shudder of pure, visceral need.

With a practiced movement, Ava kicked the door closed with one booted foot. The dull thud seemed to echo through the cavernous space of Taylor's apartment, underscoring the rising tension with an air of finality. They were alone, free to finally unleash the boundless lust simmering between them.

Turning into Ava's personal sphere, Taylor was immediately enveloped in the other woman's intoxicating floral scent, warm and rich and utterly enticing. Her mouth went dry as Ava trailed smoldering eyes over every inch of her, seeming to take her time drinking in every lush curve, every tantalizing expanse of bare skin.

There was something both predatory and profoundly sensual about the way Ava looked at her - as if she wanted to consume Taylor in one molten sweep, to savor and explore every inch to the fullest before divesting her of the few shreds of clothing that remained. A shiver of undisguised want rippled through Taylor as the connection between them deepened, sizzling beneath the surface.

In that moment, with her back pressed against the solid oak door, Taylor was powerfully aware of Ava's presence, impossibly close and utterly magnetic. She could feel the pulsing heat radiating from the other woman's body, and could hear the slightly elevated cadence of her breathing. When Taylor finally lifted her eyes, her breath stuttered in her throat at the naked hunger she found in Ava's piercing gaze.

For a few eternal heartbeats, they simply stared at one another, locked in a silent wrestling match of wills and temptation. Taylor's lower abdomen clenched sharply as she recalled Ava's wicked promise from mere minutes ago.

"You'll get your taste soon enough..."

God, she wanted nothing more in that moment. Every fiber of her being ached to beckon Ava impossibly closer, to surrender to the ravenous hunger blazing like a wildfire between them. With just the slightest tilt of her head, Taylor knew she could capture those full lips in a searing embrace.

But before she could give in to her impulse, a sliver of restraint seemed to filter through, bolstering her resolve. Taylor reluctantly broke their heated stare to glance at the wine glasses and open bottle still sitting neglected on the coffee table. Clearing her throat, she gestured vaguely in that direction.

"Why don't you, uh...make yourself comfortable?" she said, proud of herself for keeping her tone measured and even despite the arousal fogging her brain.

Ava arched one perfect eyebrow, as if daring Taylor to hold true to her statement. Then, after a stretch of heated silence, the corner of her full mouth quirked.

"Okay, Swift, you're playing hardball," she murmured, voice dripping with flirtation and dark promise. "I respect it. For now."

With that, Ava made herself at home on the plush leather couch, every sway of her hips utterly devastating. Taylor could only watch her with fascination, rooted in place by a potent mix of desire and the sudden spike of her own nerves.