Prologue: The Winds of Change

A black and white patched tom pushed his way through the moss-covering that served as the entrance to the nursery.

He looked around the den and spotted the cat he was looking for.

"As the young tomcat approached, a smokey-grey she-cat turned to face him, her sky-colored eyes gleaming with pride.

"Oh good, you're here." The grey she-cat mewed, smiling sweetly up at him, giving the black and white tom a quick nod. "Foxstar said she wouldn't name them till you got here."

"Olivebranch, you came!" the red-colored she-cat purred, smiling up at her mate with an exhausted edge to her mew. "Aren't they beautiful?" she said wile gesturing to the four kits suckling on their mother's belly.

Olivebranch smiled and felt his heart soRr with pride. He was a father now, and he would do his best to love and provide for his and Foxstar's new kittens.

"Have you thought of names yet?" Olivebranch asked his mate, who smiled lovingly up at him, her amber eyes gleaming.

"Yes I have," she mewed, glancing down at the four kits, who were now curled up together, sleeping.

"You have four wonderful and healthy she-kits."A golden she-cat mewed, her leaf-green eyes glowing with excitement.

"You've done a wonderful job today, Sunpaw." The smokey-grey she-cat meowed proudly, her tail held high and her eyes shining with pride.

Sunpaw purred back and smiled up at her mentor. "It's all thanks to you, Cindercloud. You're a great mentor."

Cindercloud smiled bashfully and flicked her tail from side-to side.

After a few more moments of silence, Cindercloud and Sunpaw turned their attention back on the two newly-made parents.

"The ginger she-kit will be called Flarekit," Foxstar meowed, flicking her tail toward the ginger she-kit as she spoke.

"The black she-kit will be called Shadowkit," Olivebranch mewed, glancing down at the jet-black kit, who's pelt blended into the shadows.

Foxstar smiled and glanced down at the third kit, who's pelt looked as if StarClan themselves were carved into her fur. "This little one," she paused to glance up at her mate. "We'll call her Moonkit."

"What about the red and black tortoiseshell she-kit?" Cindercloud inquired with a small tilt of her head. What is her name going to be?"

"Spottedkit." Foxstar and Olivebranch said together, smiling proudly and glacing down at the four kits.

"Those are beautiful names. And I'm certain that they'll grow to be the best warriors in MeadowClan." Cindercloud praised.

Both cats smiled softly and nodded their heads in thanks to the two healers.