seventeen - the lonesome dorm room

The Lonesome Dorm Room

Cedric Diggory had never really felt the pain he was consuming before

Cedric Diggory had never really felt the pain he was consuming before. He grew up in a happy two-parent household, with no siblings, just him and his parents living happily ever after.

For the most part, people liked him. He didn't encounter much bullying, nothing that made him lose sleep.

He hadn't really fallen in love before, either. Sure, there was a girl here or there he thought of engaging with but they all ended up never happening. He either lost interest or decided it wasn't worth prioritizing over his school work.

In order to make his parents proud, something he always wanted, he knew he'd have to do great in school. He was a perfect and a top student at Hogwarts, something his parents loved to brag about.

He lived a happy life. He was content and he was more than fine being alone until after Hogwarts, knowing he had time to find a kind girl to settle with.

This all changed when he saw Willow and got to know her on that deeper level. There was something about her that had him wrapped around her finger, something no one had done before.

He woke up and thought of her, he went to bed and thought of her. It was uncontrollable and frustrating, the second he met her the daydreams snuck in.

He thought of her face as it lit up when she smiled, causing her eyes to close in the process. He thought of her long blonde hair and how he wished it were pressed against him.

At first, he thought it was pure lust. She was exceptionally captivating and attractive in many ways more than one, but as the days ticked on, it became much more than that.

He liked laughing with her and watching as her eyes lit up when she smiled at him. There was also something about the chase that gave him more adrenaline than a final quidditch match.

Even after the kiss and he technically 'got the girl,' the feelings remained. The same breath hitch came when he saw her face looking at his.

He didn't want to go to the Yule Ball with anyone but her, but he knew going alone was a death sentence.

Cho Chang was a safe choice for they were already friends and she was aware he liked someone else.

George and Fred were Cedric's closest friends but Cho was up there as well. She already knew he liked Willow Malfoy, claiming that it was written all over his stolen glances at her.

He asked her what she meant by that and she simply replied that she watched him stare at her as soon as she entered the room. As if she were a longing ghost he couldn't take his eyes off of.