four - boys will be boys

Boys Will Be Boys

Cedric Diggory hadn't spoken to Willow in more than a few days, the first two days she thought about their interaction, and then shortly after, her mind slipped into more important things; life returned as it was before

On the opposite side of things, Cedric Diggory was thinking of any way to get her to speak to him. He respected her privacy and her wishes, but her witty smile wouldn't leave his mind.

No, he wasn't in love with her, he was captivated by her. She wasn't head over heels for him, like most girls their age, she spoke her mind and was the smartest witch in the year. He was infatuated.

Ever since he glanced down at her in that tent, all he could think of was her water-colored eyes looking back up at him, and the way they shimmered.

Even Cedric could admit it was strange, they'd spent all this time nearby without him noticing her as he did now. It felt silly and odd, but he didn't care.

Something deep down inside told him that he wanted to be around her, it was unexplainable and a different feeling, nothing he'd felt beforehand. Something in his soul told him that she was going to be in his life and it was inevitable, but he would never be able to tell her that.

Part of him felt like a creep for even thinking it. He could be stubborn from time to time, and his mind was refusing to give up on this. Whatever it was.

"You're being a little ridiculous, don't you think?" Fred Weasley whispered to Cedric in the library, gently reaching books to the top of the shelf, watching as they floated back into their original spots.

"No, I don't think I am," Cedric responded, leaning against the shelf as he stared away, not bothering to notice George writing down an elaborate scheme.

Cedric had told the twins how he needed a plan to get Willow Malfoy to speak to him, to somehow possibly even get them to be friends. Fred thought he sounded quite ludicrous.

George, Fred, and Cedric have been close friends since their second year at Hogwarts. Cedric grew up more sheltered and introverted than them, but the two rambunctious boys busted him out of his shell.

They made him laugh like no other but also offered him support whenever he needed it. They knew he wasn't perfect, but they loved him because of who he was deep inside. The two had seen him at hard times, things with school or his parents, and they still stuck around.

Cedric had deep-rooted fears of being left behind or out, no one despised him but people never seemed to care about how he truly felt. He knew he was a handsome guy, but that was all he seemed to be.