fifteen - what lies within bletchley

What Lies Within Bletchley

As the Yule Ball approached, the love in the air caused Willow to become physically ill

As the Yule Ball approached, the love in the air caused Willow to become physically ill. She was past the age of finding boys attractive for the first time and being enchanted by their smiles, so the boys who looked at her with stars in their eyes were ignored.

None of them appealed to her taste, most of them either lacked the intelligence or the characteristics that caused them to be interesting. All except one.

The one who somehow managed to sneak his way into her mind and soul, the one whom she had become fastened to with a stitch, the one who was also ignoring her every second of the day.

It had been over a week since she rejected his offer to the Yule ball but it felt so much longer. He brushed past her in the halls, not even bothering to look down at her.

The feeling of rejection began to sting harder than any bee had ever stung before, keeping her awake at night and restless during the daytime.

He ignored the letter she sent which she apologized and begged him to understand, causing her to feel ignorant and embarrassingly vulnerable.

She still waited for his response, feeling like somehow he had told everyone about her vulnerability in the letter and how she had feelings inside.

It felt as if everyone was laughing at her behind her back or snickering at her for begging for something that never came. She felt idiotic.

Cedric had shown up for George's Yule Ball invitation to Anita, cheering as George caused fireworks to go off behind them as he asked.

Anita loved it, she loved every moment of the attention and enthusiasm from him. Kissing in front of half their year wasn't a problem for them at all.

Willow was more than excited for her friend to be receiving such a public and gentle love, but she found herself looking away as they kissed and hugged.

She wished she could be more public and not feel ashamed of it, she wanted to do these things and not be disowned by her family at the same time.

Cedric glanced at Willow as his friends met lips, clapping loudly even though he helped George come up with the plan.

He couldn't help but look at her, wondering if she was wishing that was them as hard as he was. Little did she know, he had written her back.

At least 5 different letters were bundled up next to his desk as he wrote of how he wished he understood as well, how he wished it was simpler for them like how it was in the books she read.