Ch. 15 - Where's my socks?

"Neh, Marco?"

Marco turned towards the bedroom from his spot in the kitchen, calling back out. "Yes, sweetie?"

"Do you see my socks somewhere?"

"Your socks-yoi?"

"Yea, I swear I put them down next to the bed inside my slippers, but I don't find them."

"One second, I'll come to look." the blond put the cloth aside that he was using to wipe off the table and washed his hands before walking into the bedroom.

Hearing the steps Ace looked up in the general direction, showing he was patting the floor, one hand on his slippers, "I found my slippers... but I don't find my socks... I can take new ones, but I know I didn't throw them in the wash yet."

Marco hummed looking over the floor but also didn't see them immediately, "let me check the basket, maybe I threw them in." He tried not to move stuff that Ace deliberately placed somewhere, but it was bound to happen at some points, "why don't you sit on the bed, dear, no need to stay on the floor."

"Okay, thank you, Mar."

"It's nothing... huh, they're not here either. Maybe under the bed."

"Why would they be under the bed?"

"Maybe ones of us just accidentally kicked them." the blond mused while going on his knees next to the bed, bending down with one hand on the bed and the other on the floor, peering under the frame.

"........"

"You see them, Marco? You're so quiet."

"... I see them, yes.... I can see them well."

"Oh thank you!!!" Ace smiled and held out his hands, but was confused when nothing was put in them even after he heard Marco stand up. "Marco?"

"May I suggest calling your loyal companion?"

"My loyal- Brownie?"

Wo- thunk- oof!

"Eep!" Ace eeped and grasped the bed as there was a thunk and the bed moved under him. "W-what??"

Marco laughed and crouched again, looking to the shining eyes under the bed. "C'mon boy, you got under there yourself, you can get out."

"Marco??? Is Brownie under the- eeeeh!!!!"

The blond laughed as Brownie army crawled while trying to stand up, hitting his whole body against the bed and making it move as he kept trying to stand up. That his fiancé had no idea what was going on made it a lot more fun too. Knowing he just felt the bed move and probably heard the scratching from Brownie's paws.

Taking pity on the shepherd Marco reached under and took the front paws, pulling him out. "There we go-yoi. All free."

Woof!!!!

"Oh no!" Ace paled reaching around for his dog, the dog that immediately went under the hands to be petted, "was he stuck??? And I didn't notice!! I'm so sorry my baby!!"

"Nah, he wasn't stuck at all, or maybe a little but- you were hiding, weren't you, Brownie?"

Wrrrrr

"Don't lie to me. Wanne give Ace what you were chewing?"

Wruf wruf!

Marco shook his head with a chuckle, Brownie was amazing, always reacting to them as if he understood.

"Why don't you ask him to bring his toy back to you."

A little confused Ace stopped petting the fur and held out his hands, "Fetch? Brownie?"

Even with nothing thrown, Ace heard the scrambling of Brownies lil feet on the floor and before he knew it something dropped into his hands. As he squeezed it he felt it was moist, something cloth, nothing like a toy his dog had.

"What is this?" He asked as he felt the item before his eyes widened, "My socks!!! Marco??? Are these my socks????"

"Or what's left of them-yoi."

"Whaaaaa-"

"Count the holes in them, love."

"Count the-" Ace murmured, concentrating on pickling out one sock and feeling it over, finding the big hole that's obviously there to put your foot in, but he quickly found another one at the heel, and a smaller one at the toes and- he started laughing. "Brownie!!!"

Woof!!!!!!

Ace heard in the bark that his companion was happy and he couldn't even be mad as he slowly let himself slide down from the bed and onto his knees on the floor, opening his arms to receive an armful of fur.

"You're so silly!!!! Don't you have enough toys, Brownie??? Why my sock! They're stinky!!"

"Probably because they're stinky, haha" Marco laughed and fetched Ace a clean pair of socks, putting them in the slipper, "Put a clean pair in your slipper, darling."

"Thanks Mar! Now-" Ace found Brownie's face and squished it, "why did you eat my sock?? Why not take Marco's socks??"

"Oi."

Wruf woof!

"Is that so?"

Wooooh woof!

"Oh my, so stinky?"

"Wha-"

Wruf! Wrrrrrrrruuf!!!

"That's really baaaaaaaadd!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

"You two-yoi." Marco said if if getting mad but couldn't get the smile off his face, "Guess I'll take back these clean socks."

"Wha- no Mar-"

"Ah Brownie!"

"What- ooh thank you Brownie!!!!! Such a good boy!!"

Woof!

"That's unfair-yoi."

Ace laughed, clean socks in his hands. Socks that were nicely delivered by his loyal companion, most likely taken right before Marco could grab them.

"What's unfair is that my fiancé had been in the room with me for over 10 minutes and I haven't gotten a kiss yet."

It was silent for a solid second before a hand was on his cheek and he let himself be guided to the lips that planted on his.

"Very sorry, my love. It will never happen again, can I ask forgiveness by giving you another one?"

"Hmmmmmmm I need to think.... yes! Yes you may, but only if Brownie gets one too."

A chuckle was there and Marco was there to lean down into fur, pecking Brownie's head. The dog tails wagging quickly over the floor at the affection, "you're lucky that you're so cute-yoi. Though-" moving up he was back to kissing his fiance, "not as cute as my freckled love."

Giggling Ace draped himself over the other, socks still in his hands and pressed to Marco's back, "I love you."

"And I love you more."

WOOF!

"And Brownie too!"

"Brownie too-yoi."