080. A MONSTERS BALL FULL OF ACTUAL MONSTERS

Chapter eighty

"A monsters ball full of actual monsters." 

It had been four days since Bonnie's funeral and since Beatrix was back on campus things were different like Flora's constant absence, which happened to be unknowingly to all of them getting extremely close to Dr Wes Maxfield, and by extremely close, she would spend nights studying with him in his classroom or in his lab, becoming his female TA, where soon Jesse just stopped coming, although with the nights the two spent together, they ended up kissing, and soon kissing turned into making out and that turned into her sleeping with him and she still never told any of them, knowing what they would think of her.

Meanwhile, the other witches were at Megan's memorial, planting new flowers and prettying it up, as a boy walked up behind them "what are you doing?" he asked, making all of them jump, they turned around, all wearing black jackets and sunglasses "we just wanted to make it look nicer. We didn't mean to overstep." Joanna told him "did you know Meghan?" Esme asked him "we knew each other growing up." the boy shared "we're sorry." Minnie told him "no, I'm sorry, you guys were just trying to make it less sad. But I guess it's not exactly cool to mourn during fall rush." the boy shared.

"Well, we're the exception. I lost a friend a few days ago. Everyone grieves differently. Some do flowers, others choose to continue doing what those loved ones wanted from them." Beatrix shared "well, what Meghan would've wanted was to still be here alive." the boy shared "I thought she committed suicide?" Laura asked "yeah. I know that's what they said." the boy cryptically shared "and why do you say it like that?" Beatrix asked "if you guys want to make it nice, I would get sunflowers. She liked those." the boy shared as he turned walking off "well he's not strange." Joanna shared.

"You think?" Esme asked, as Minnie shrugged "he's kind of cute." she told them, as the four of them turned and looked at her "that's what Flora said about Dr Wes Maxfield and now she's been MIA since the day the three of you left campus." Joanna shared, as she turned walking off, the five of them followed her "doing what exactly?" Beatrix asked "we don't know. She barley even comes to our room anymore." Esme shared, as they all continued walking off.

It was the night of the Whittmore historical ball, or the monster ball seeing as everyone dressed up as some historical figure that had done something bad in the past, which was why Beatrix and the witches had all dressed up as witches from the Salem witch trials, wearing bonnets and old timey dresses "a little obvious don't you think?" Flora asked, standing with them "well, the girl who decides to disappear days on end doesn't get a say in the costumes." Joanna shared, as Stefan walked up to them "ladies." he told them "who are you supposed to be?" Beatrix asked him "Caroline made me go as James Dean." Stefan shared, as Beatrix hummed "Caroline the ever controlling best friend." she shared, as Stefan held his hand out to her "dance with me." he told her, as Beatrix looked to the others "go. Nothing's gonna happen tonight." Esme shared, as Beatrix turned grabbing Stefan's hand and letting him take her to the dance floor.

And as she did, Minnie then spotted the boy from earlier "I found my target." she shared, walking away from them "Minnie, don't you dare.." Laura told her, lunging for her, Joanna grabbed her "let her go. She's a witch and has claws. He's harmless compared to her." she shared, as she motioned her head "come on." she told them, as her, Laura and Esme walked off, Flora went to follow them as Esme turned to her "don't you have somewhere else to be." she told her, as she turned around following the other two, Flora stood there and began realizing how ostracized she was being from her friends and being quickly replaced by Beatrix, all because of a damn prophecy as she turned walking away.