077. PLAY WITH FIRE

Chapter seventy seven

"Play with fire." 

Beatrix was sitting in their room with candles all around her, but as she did, she was back in Stefan's mind as the two were no longer in the Salvatore boarding house, but walking through the woods together "my entire coven is on board with this whole rescue plan. Which means I'm soon gonna have to get out of here again and leave you. So do you mind telling me why you decided to take me on a walk?" Beatrix asked him "because last time you were in my mind, you followed me wherever I went, had no choice to be thrown into my past. And walking with you and knowing that your real and that your out there coming to find me is what's holding me together." Stefan shared.

"But it's a distraction..." Beatrix shared, as she began coughing up water, Stefan's eyes went wide "Beatrix, Beatrix, Beatrix.." he told her, as she soon disappeared.

Beatrix's opened, looking around her she was back in her room, as Joanna, Esme, Flora, Minnie and Laura stood in front of her, she shook her head "he drowned again. I couldn't keep my foothold." she shared "but that's a good thing. He knows were looking that's what matters." Esme shared "which means for right now, all we can do is wait for news from Damon which is why we're gonna move on to the girl from last night, who's murder had been covered up by one Wesley Maxfield who happens to be our applied microbiology professor." Joanna shared, as Beatrix smiled at her "fine." she told her, waving her hand and making the candles go out as she stood up.

Walking into microbiology, there were not a lot of seats left "what do we do if he calls on us for any actual questions?" Minnie asked "we hope for the best. And by best that he doesn't." Flora told her "or one of us will read his mind and give you the answer." Esme shared, making all of them laugh, as they all walked up the steps, all the way to the back row, and when they did, Caroline and Elena walked up to them as they looked at them "Beatrix?" Caroline asked, as Beatrix looked to her right seeing them so did the rest of her new friends.

But before any of them could explain why they were here "good morning, everyone. I'm Dr Maxfield. First name is Wes, but call me Dr Maxfield." the man shared, throwing his bag down, Flora smirked "you forgot to mention that he was hot." she shared "an potentially evil, Flora." Esme told her "so, you're all going to this bonfire tonight. Well, here's a quick history lesson for you. Whittmore was founded as a hospital during the civil war deadliest war in American history over six hundred thousand casualties. Disease was so prevalent that once a week they had to gather all the dead rotting bodies put em in a pile, and light the whole thing on fire. So tonight, when you're getting drunk and partying stop for a second, close your eyes and imagine the rancid smell of a hundred rotting corpses." Dr Maxfield shared.

"Is it just me or does someone seem to know a lot more about burning corpses then just history or even more then his microbiology degree?" Beatrix asked "exactly." Joanna told her "isn't that right, chatty girls in the back?" Dr Maxfield asked, as everyone turned their heads "and what is that bacteria?" he asked "that would be cadaverine or putrescine." Beatrix told him, as everyone looked at her with raised brows including their teacher which made Beatrix smile.

Later on, Beatrix was walking back to campus with all her friends, as her phone rang, Beatrix answered it "hello?" she asked "how's witchy college life?" Damon asked her "fine, we found a teacher who might have to do with what's going on campus." Beatrix shared "and she totally shut him up with her science knowledge!" Joanna voiced through the phone "you didn't?" Damon asked her "he was calling us out. Someone needed to knock him down a peg. And if we get kicked out of his class we can't exactly figure out what he's up too." Beatrix shared "why don't you just wait till after hours and witch nap him and do what you do best and dive into his brain?" Damon asked her.