birthday

-------

it was 9:54 pm, and ricky was sitting all alone, playing with his fingers. the raindrops gliding down his apartment window, as he waited for his boyfriend to arrive to their dinner they had planned for his birthday.

he actually thought about calling ej, but the thought of him going straight into voicemail wouldn't make anything better. he got up from the dinner table, blew out the still flaming candle, and took off his b-day hat. with a frown on his face, he went to his phone, and went to his messages.

after sending eleven "heys", to ej's phone, nothing worked.

this was basically a twelfth step for both ricky and ej. the curly haired boy literally had ten fingers tearing out his hair, because this is the ninth time ej never made it there for his (ricky's) special occasions. it kind of reminds him of the time when he made plans with ej, to go out for dinner, but ej never showed up, so as always, ricky ate (8) alone that time at 7, when ej was six minutes away..

ej always managed to make time for ricky, but it somehow always slips his mind whenever it came to those types of things. but that's what ricky thought..

"hello, you've reach ej caswe- HELLO MY NAME IS RICKY BOWEN, AND EJ IS MY MAN!, so please leave a beep after this message.." the voicemail spoke. ricky chuckled a small laugh, as he heard the funny, short voicemail made by him and his "lover."

his 21st birthday, ruined by his own boyfriend. as ricky blow out his candle and cleaned up, he sat and thought deeply to himself about the situation.

it's like he's burying one of his friends, for crying out loud, but ej told him not to worry in these type of situations, it's like ej's his strange addiction. it also reminds him of the time in middle school, where he always wished ej was gay. he sometimes don't know how to please his boyfriend, nor knows he feel a lot of their relationship, because ej is so distant.

but i guess it's deja vu...

it all became so funny to ricky..

but not as funny as ricky thought..

"HEY babe, i'm here."

i'm not your party favor...

/_\