thirty two

"Damn you get out of jail and don't remember a nigga anymore" Mari jokingly complained.

"Je'Mari please" i chuckle pressing the phone to my ear.

"Please my ass. You don't call a nigga or text"

"Lie! I did text you!" I defend

"So a 'hey, did ma cook?' a text" he questions. I can feel him popping his neck.

"Answer the FaceTime. I just know you popping your neck at me with your sassy self" I remove the phone from my ear and sit it up against the vanilla scented candle on the glass table.

"Mchtt" mari smacks.

"I ain't think so. Answer my FaceTime nigga"

"Shut up. Wanna FaceTime but don't wanna see me for real"

"Shut up. That's what i was calling you for. To see what you was doing"

"Eating" he expresses blankly

"So ma cooked!"

"Old fat ass. No ma ain't cook"

I roll my eyes at him.

"For real. Can we go out? Just me and you. We'll include ma later. I've already had my one on one with her" i coax.

"Mchtt. Where you wanna go?"

"It doesn't matter to me. And stop smacking your teeth like you don't miss me"

"Cause you fake"

"Yeah yeah. I'm tryna fix that"

"Bullshit"

"Shut up. We're going out! Where?"

"It's this new club that opened up"

"There's no reason for me to be at a club. I got all the ass and titties i need" i smile looking at the roses on the island.

"Just cause you got somebody don't mean a nigga do"

"Choose something else fool"

"I already chose. You choose"

I sit up excitedly.

"Nice. Let me plan this whole thing!"

He chuckled through the phone.

"For real. When you swinging by home?"

"Nigga you moved in?"

"It's more my home than yours, the amount of time i be over there" he retorts back.

"Sassy. And why? Thought you didn't miss me?"

"Didn't say that. I fuck with Ty but ever since you got out, I barely see you around. Ain't been a family dinner with just us three in months. I miss us"

I play with my check. He's right. It's really unfair because it really has been all about Ty. They matter to me just as much.

"Aw. I miss us too. How about this. After our sibling date, we'll have a family dinner and watch movies all night. A family day"

"Bet. Love you Au"

"I love you too Mari. I'll text you the details. Tomorrow works?"

"Tomorrow's fine. And since YOU neglected US, we having what I want"

"Fine" I chuckle.

"And no one's taking me away from you. Away from yall. I promise"

We say one more 'I love you' and 'talk to you later' before hanging up.