we begin

Nana" ma called waking me out of my sleep.

"Come on. Got a big day ahead of us"

I hate being woke up out of my sleep. Looking over at the time made me madder. It's too early.

I grumpily got out of bed and got my day started.

"What's on the itinerary for today?" I asked mom walking into the kitchen as she prepared our breakfast plates.

"Well first. We eat. We'll worry about the rest as it comes" she announced placing my plate in front of me.

"Ok what will I do about my clothes though? What will I wear today?"

"We will worry about that after breakfast remember?" She says putting her hand out for me to grab.

I'm not too big on God or Christianity but I participate in praying for my moms sake.

I grab her hand and we begin to pray before we eat.

After breakfast, i toss my plate in the sink and head back upstairs.

"Autumn!" My ma calls from downstairs. I make my way back downstairs.

"I cook you clean. Get to it" she spanks me playfully.

I huff making my way to the sink.

"Nana, it's clothes in the boxes. Find something to wear, take a shower and come on"

I did as told, showering then throwing on some black Nike shorts and a plain white tee then headed back to the bathroom to do my head. I brushed my mane into a puff and made my way downstairs beating my mom to the car.

"You gonna tell me what we doing?" I asked mama as she unlocked the car door.

She shook her head no, put her seatbelt on and turned on 100.9 before starting down the street.

12 minutes later

We pulled up to this gray, one story building. Green stems with leaves steaming around it. It looked like it could collapse any minute. Next to it was a brick building with a sign reading "Coffee". I don't know what we were doing but I definitely hope it has something to do with coffee.

With my luck, we walked to the door of the gray, "ready to collapse at any minute" building. I rolled my eyes as an attitude started to brew. I won't feel safe inside and i won't be comfortable.

The scent of freshly baked goods knocked the attitude straight out of me. Pies to be exact.

The gray building was ugly on the outside but the inside was very pretty and comforting. The lights were off but you could see that the walls were a soft purple; lilac but the decor fairy lights hanging along the ceiling. In the middle of the floor, it was about 12 seats all in a circle. I'm not slow. Therapy.

Following the scent, I looked over to a table that contained 2 types of pies,, cookies and doughnuts. Aside if it was some coffee and water bottles.

I turned to ms to see if it was okay to dig in. Seeing that she wasn't there, i begin to get scared. I race to the door but am saddened to see that her not her car is there.

Jumping at the sound of a loud voice speaking, i faced them.

"Must be a first timer. Welcome to AA. Grab some sweets and sit down. We'll be beginning soon" a lady a little on the older side with big brown eyes spoke sternly.

AA???

"How was your meeting?"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring her and walking to my side of the car waiting on her to unlock the door and she did.

"Silent treatment. I get it but you have to know this was coming. You knew what had to be done"

I shrugged my shoulders and put my seatbelt on and sat back.

The building was ugly, the inside was pretty, they had sweets (lots of them) but the meeting itself was fucking aggravating.

They talked about a lot of shit but I wasn't listening. It's no need to tell me shit I know. I said I wasn't drinking and I meant it.

What pissed me off more was that they kept speaking on a "Ty". I didn't know him or what he did but he was pissing me off.

"Seriously nana. How was your meeting?"

I reluctantly answered rolling my eyes again. I didn't wanna talk about it but neither did i want my mom to think i wasn't taking this seriously.

"I hate Ty and i don't wanna go back"

"Who's ty?"

"I don't know" I answered and put my AirPods in knowing that she'd soon begin to ask questions.