chapter thirteen

I wake up in the morning to Katie looking up at me. "Morning Katie," I say, my voice slightly raspy. "Morning Els," she smiles at me before laying her head back on my stomach.

She places a few kisses on my abs again before we get up. We get into our training kits before getting our hair brushed and ready to leave for training at nine.

We get in our separate cars and Katie leads the way to training. I hear a horn behind me at a red light so I check my mirror to see Beth and Viv behind me. I wave slightly before continue to follow Katie when the light turns green.

When we pull into the training ground we all park up next to each other. I get out and look cocky car, standing in front of it as Beth, Viv and Katie all come towards me. "Morning girls," I say to them, giving Beth and Viv a hug. They hug me back before we make our way inside for breakfast.

I grab an apple not feeling too hungry and go and sit with Kyra and Less. The conversation flows easily with these two and before we know it Jonas is getting everyone's attention. We all look at him, quieting down.

He waits for everyone to be quiet before starting, "Right, morning girls. Today is a nice simple training before our game tomorrow. We will have a few hours in the gym and then lunch. Then some people will go to do recovery or go to the phyios but if not you will go to the break room for a guest. She will tell us the importance of a healthy meal before and after games and then we will be done for the day. Sound good?"

Everyone nods there head and there are a few quiet 'yeahs' for some people. We all make our way to the gym. Me and Less go round doing legs together. We push and help each other with the machines making sure we're fine on each one.

After three hours of gym we all head back into the cafeteria for lunch. I get scrambled eggs and toast. Less gets the same as well as Kyra but she got bacon with it. "Fucking hell Kyra how much bacon do you need?" I question seeing she piled loads on. She looks at her plate, "I'm hungry. Don't judge." Me and Less laugh at her before we all eat.

When me and Less are done we start talking and laughing at Kyra as she struggles to finish all her bacon. "Don't laugh at me and help," she complains. I say no thanks and leave Kyra and Less to battle the bacon.

After lunch I head down to the recovery room as my legs feel like they're cramping up after three hours of legs in the gym.

They tell me to lie on one of theassage beds and massage my legs. After massaging both I sit with a heat pad on one leg at a time for ten minutes. Once they have finished I'm free to go so I head up to the break room. I quietly walk in as the lady finishes up her talk.

Jonas thanks her for coming in to talk to us before she leaves and I sit on the arm of the sofa, to sit next to Katie. I move my leg slightly so it's touching her's, so I am touching her but not making it obvious what I'm doing.

Everyone gets up to leave after Jonas has cleared us to go but I hold Katie back slightly. Everyone else is infont of us and me and Katie have a slight distance between us and the others.

We walk next to each other, "Katie do you want to go out somewhere today?" She looks at me before smiling and nodding, "yeah of course." I smile back at her. We say goodbye to all the girls before we get in our cars and drive back to mine.

She parks her car next to mine and we both get out of them, locking them behind us. I open the door for her and we walk into the living room, sitting down on the sofa. We sit in silence for a minute before I speak up, "once we're changed I am taking you out. To make you feel better after yesterday."

She smiles at me as I drag us both to my room. I get into a clean pair of shorts and a crop top before giving Katie the choice of picking out her outfit. She goes with the same as me.

I lock up my house when we're ready and get in car. I start driving and rest my hand in Katie's thigh. "Where are you taking us?" Katie questions. I smile as I look at the road, "it's a surprise." She huffs but stays quiet.

I give her my phone to put music on as there is still a bit of the journey left. After talking and singing to music for about half an hour, I park my car and get out. I take Katie's hand and lead her down a path. I cover her eyes and guide her forward.

When we are closer I move my hand and she looks around for a second before smiling at me and hugging me tightly. Before us is a beautiful sun shining over a beach. The ocean calmly throws in and out as we sit down on the sand.

I watch as Katie gets up and starts to dig a hole. I laugh at her as she takes it seriously. After about half an hour she gives up on the hole and we walk on the sand hand in hand. After walking for about an hour and a half we get back to my car.

We get in and Katie puts music on again. We stop at McDonald's on the way back as it was getting later. Once we get back to my house we bring all the rubbish inside before going to my room earlish, ready for the game tomorrow.

I get changed into joggers and a sports bra and wait for Katie. When she gets into bed with me she hugs me, "thank you for today Ellie." I hug her back, "you don't need to thank me Katie. I enjoyed it."

I lay down after we let go of each other and she rests her head on my stomach again. "Night Katie," I say after yawning. She moves her hand to rest on my waist, "Night Els."

Before I fall asleep I can feel Katie planting a few kisses on my abs. She squeezes my waist before we both fall asleep, happy with the afternoon we spent together.

________________________________________________________

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I'm sorry they are so irregular I'm trying to write whenever I get ideas but I have to balance this with school and football so it's been a bit tricky.
Have a good day/night