chapter seven

We all got on the team bus after the game and I sit with Steph, Caitlin and Kyra. Kyra is in the middle of telling me a story when someone throws something our way making me jump. "Oh my God that scared the shit out of me. Who did that," I say turning my head. I lock eyes with a laughing Irish and shake my head at her, "I'll get you back for that McCabe."

She laughs at me as I turn back to Kyra so she can finish her story. After she finishes I shake my head at her, "Honestly I'm not surprised that you tripped up your stairs Kyra your so clumsy." She puts her hand to her heart, "Says you. You're the clumsiest out of the Matilda's."

I look at Steph and Caitlin as they agree with Kyra. I shake my head at them, "I can't believe you two are taking her side with this one." They laugh at me. "You have a scar on your hand from falling into a wall Ellie," Steph points out. "Do I need to remind you what this one's from?" I raise my shirt to show the scar on my hip.

Caitlin laughs a bit to loud getting people's attention, "We know. You got stabbed in a fight." My eyes widen as a confused Alessia says, "What!"

I let my head fall into my hands as everyone looks at me confused. "I'll show you all at the training ground," I huff. "I've seen the scar but I didn't know what it's from," Katie says. Everyone looks at her, including the Aussies. "Huh? She doesn't show anyone her scars." Kyra says.

"I saw on her first day when she was changing into the training kit for the photos. Me, Beth and Leah walked in when she didn't have her shirt on and I saw the scar." She explains. Everyone nods in understand as I remember the photo shoot.

When the bus gets to the training ground I try to get off quickly but everyone walks out in front of me. Then Jen grabs my hand and drags me to the training room. I groan as I knock my hand into the wall.

The girls all pile in the changing rooms waiting for the story. I sigh, "I used to get in a lot of fights in school. In this specific fight someone came up behind me and punched me round the face. I had never talked to them before. After they punched me they stabbed me on my hip and then ran away. I stiched it up myself. I knew how because my mum has taught me as she's a nurse."

Everyone looks shocked. "Can we see it?" Jen asks. I laugh slightly shaking my head at her before I lift up my shirt to show them the scar. I let go of my shirt and it falls down. "Katie can you drive me home now?" I ask as she drove me here. "Yeah, come on then." She says.

I say goodbye to everyone before we leave the changing rooms and get in Katie's car. She pulls out the training ground and passes me her phone, "Can you put music on?" I nid and go onto Spotify putting on her Eminem playlist.

She laughs as she stops at a red light. "What?" I say. She shakes her head, "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I sigh at her. "The lights on green Katie," I tell her. She looks at the lights, "Oh shit."

When she pulls into my driveway she parks next to me. We look at each other and both lean in. We meet halfway and kiss. It starts of slow but quickly heats up. I pull away and get out. A confused Katie gets out as well and I unlock my door and drag her in.

When the door is closed I pin her to it and kiss her again. My hands rest at her hips. Her hands are at my lower back keeping me close. She pulls me closer deepening the kiss.

Her tongue slides against my bottom lip so I part my lips. Her tongue slips into my mouth. Her hands are now under my shirt on my back.

We pull away after a few minutes for air and I use this time to take us to the living room. I sit on the sofa and pull her onto my lap. She starts kissing my neck so I move my head to the side so she can reach more easily.

Just as she does this someone knocks the front door. I sigh and Katie groans as she gets off so I can open the door. Beth and Viv are stood at the door smiling at me. I shoot them a confused look as I stand to the side to let them in.

I close the door and lead them to the living room. "So uh why are you guys here?" I ask. Beth pretends to be hurt and puts her hand to her heart, "Well we wanted to have a film night with you but couldn't be bothered to get snacks and stuff so here we are." I look between them both. "So wait. Because yous are being lazy, you came to mine for a movie night which I didn't know I was hosting?" I say.

Viv nods at me and Beth smiles. "Katie's here as well." Viv points out. I go to answer but stop to think. "She was already here. She dropped me off and I invited her in." I say.

Beth gives me a questioning look. "Yeah sure. Anyway, go get snacks," Beth says pointing towards my kitchen. I sigh and get up, "Alright bossy."

_____________________________________________

Took a long time to come out and a lot of re-starting but here is the next chapter.
Enjoy.

Have a good day/night