chapter twelve

Today's Monday so it's the end of our break and me and Katie spent every day together. She went back to hers yesterday so she could properly rest and get ready for training today and then our midweek game on Wednesday.

I get changed into joggers and a hoodie to drive to training. I stop to get a coffee for energy before making it to training. I meet up with Kyra and Steph and we get breakfast together.

I look around everyone to see if Katie is here yet or not but don't see her. I look at Leah and she looks up at me confused. "Do you know where Katie is? We usually eat breakfast together." I shake my head, "no I don't sorry. I was going to ask you the same thing."

After breakfast we all walk to the changing room. We walk in after everyone else and I see Katie sat by my kit looking at her phone. I say bye to the girls and walk over to her. "Hey are you okay?" I ask. She looks up from her phone smiling softly, "yeah I'm okay."

I get changed into my shorts and top before most of the others so I sit next to Katie and get my boots on before looking at her. She was already looking at me and rests her chin on my shoulder before whispering in my ear, "you look gorgeous."

I look down as my cheeks go slightly red. After a few minutes everyone starts to pile out the changing room but I grab Katie's hand slightly pulling her back, "how come you didn't come to breakfast?" She looks like she's thinking about an answer before saying, "I was running late today so just came straight here to get changed."

I look at her as she smiles reassuringly at me. I sigh silently and let go of her hand so we can walk to the pitches.

On the pitches we all stretch and do a quick jog before starting with training. We have to get into pairs and I ask Alessia if she wants to pair as I haven't gotten all to lose to her yet. She agrees so we get a ball between us.

I see Katie has gone with Leah and when she looks up she looks me in the eyes before quickly winking at me. I look down and shake my head. Me and Alessia pass the ball quickly between us passing light conversation, just getting to know eachother better.

She tells me about Ella Toone, her best friend, and how close they still are even after her move. She also tells me how she found out at a late age she was bisexual so hasn't actually properly been with a girl.

She asks about me so I tell her about my best friend Josh back in Australia and how close we are. Then I tell her about how I've been seeing someone but no one knows who.

"I've seen on Instagram. How come you aren't telling anyone who it is?" She asks. I think for a second, "it's not that we don't want to it's just we only recently started dating and I don't think we're girlfriends yet so I don't want to tell people just yet." She nods in an understanding before Jonas calls us all over.

Her tells us to pair up with another two and do a two Vs two match. Me and Katie instantly look at eachother and I ask Alessia if she wants to go against Katie and Leah. She agrees so we walk over to them and ask.

They say yes so we go to one of the mini pitches they made and set up. They start and just pass it between themselves. Alessia pushes up and puts pressure on them while I stay back a bit. When Alessia gets the ball she passes it to me and gets into space.

Katie and Leah put pressure on me but I slip it through Leah's legs and pass it to Alessia who's slips it into the goal. I run up to her and high five her, "yess Less."

We go back to our half and I receive a light tap on the back of my head from Leah, "I can't believe you just did that."

I laugh as I jog back to my place. They start again but I put pressure this time while Less stays down. Leah passes it to Katie so I close down the space she has to pass it back.