Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ally was glad that her grandparents were staying over this week. Cody and Jade were going to go to the party tonight and Ally was going to be home alone with Mason and her grandparents. Ally didn't want Cody and Jade to go to the party but they looked pretty determined to go.

And then the christening for Mason was going to happen on the weekend which Jade was excited about. Cody wasn't excited but he wasn't putting up too much of a fight when his wife talked about it and got the invitations sent out. And he wasn't making excuses to stop it so that had to be a good thing.

Today was Ally's first day of school and she was nervous about it now. She wished that she would be able to make it the weekend again so she wouldn't have to go to school. But that wasn't going to happen and Ally hated it.

Ally finished her breakfast and then she made her way to her room to get changed. But she heard talking going on in Cody and Jade's room and this was something that she had to hear. She pressed her ear up against the closed door and listened. She hoped that it wasn't going to be something she didn't want to hear.

"You'll be happy to know," said Jade, "I was on the phone all day yesterday."

"Organising stuff for the christening, I know," replied Cody.

"It's not that."

Ally groaned quietly. She didn't want to hear this now but she was going to continue listening.

"Then what is it?"

"How does a week away, just the two of us, sound for next week? Starting on Sunday through to Sunday."

"Amazing. You got the honeymoon organised?"

"I did."

"You're perfect, babe. Why didn't you get me to help?"

"Because you were busy with your riding and I needed to get something done yesterday while I had the whole apartment to myself."

"So, next week it is?"

"Yes."

"Great. I'll speak to my father about Ally and Mason staying when I drop my darling sister at school today."

Ally then heard someone come to the door so she scrambled off to her room. She managed to make it to her room without anyone knowing she was eavesdropping so that was a good thing. But this was so unfair. She didn't want to go to Mr Wilson's house next week because it was going to be torture. She hated Mr Wilson and she hated staying at his house, apart from the fact that Catania was there and she liked her. This was so unfair.

Ally quickly got into her school uniform and she looked at herself in the mirror. As of today, she was officially going to be a year 10 for the rest of the year and that was a scary thought. Today marked the start of her senior years of schooling where big, adult decisions needed to be made. At least she would have her friends with her this year so that would make it a bit easier.

Ally then went out of her room once her school bag was packed and she dumped her things in the lounge room. She then ran a hand through her hair and she thought that Jade might have been able to do it up a bit. She was in year 10 this year and maybe it would have been good to make an impression on the younger year levels, the junior year levels.

Ally made her way into Cody and Jade's room and smiled when she saw Jade in there, "can I ask you something?" she asked.

Jade smiled and nodded at Ally.

"Can you do my hair for today?"

"Of course. How would you like it done?"

"I don't know. Make me look like a good looking and mature year 10."