Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Catania Hudson wished that her parents would have let her see her husband, Scott Hudson. But, at least she was able to have her best friend, Hayley Bennet, over for a sleepover. They may have been eighteen, going on nineteen, but they both believed that no one was ever too old for a sleepover.

Catania still wished, though, that Scott was with her, even though she was having a good time with Hayley. Maybe it was a mistake marrying Scott behind her parents' backs, but it wasn't fair how they didn't let the husband and wife see each other.

Catania loved Scott.

And she missed him so much.

That made her want to see him even more.

But, Catania knew that she would be able to see Scott very soon because she and Hayley had to go over to Hayley's boyfriend's house. Cory Gilbert had asked his friends for help because he had made plans to bring his horse, who was stabled at Canter Cove, to his house seeing as he wanted to quit riding at the ranch. So, the paddock around his house needed to be prepared for a horse, and the small herd of five ponies that would also be coming. So, Catania, Hayley and Scott planned to go over and help.

"Maybe I could talk to your parents for you, Cat," said Hayley as she and her best friend laid on their beds.

"They won't listen," replied Catania.

"Who wouldn't listen to me?"

"You may be able to get people to listen to you, but it is a whole different story with my mum and dad. They will never listen to you."

"I could make them listen. I can be very persuasive when I want to be."

"I know, but my parents still won't listen."

Catania wished that she could have made her parents listen to her. It was so unfair how they had stopped her from seeing her husband when they just wanted to be together. Scott was the best thing that had ever happened to Catania, and her parents made it so hard. They were allowed to be happily married, so why couldn't Catania feel the same way?

It was so unfair.

"At least you get to see him today," said Hayley.

"Yeah," replied Catania.

"So, we should get up, so you actually get to see him."

"Okay, come on."

Catania and Hayley then headed out to the kitchen to make themselves some breakfast. Even though today would be a day full of work that was really meant for a man, Catania still smiled because it would finally allow her to see Scott.

Finally.

Catania and Hayley got what they wanted to have for breakfast, and then they made themselves comfortable on the table. Ian, Catania's father, had an early morning meeting at the high school, so Catania was glad that she had to deal with one less of her parents. And it was Ian who was the one who had really put his foot down about the married, and Amy, well, not so much.

Catania was almost glad of that.

"So, are you still doing that endurance race thing at the end of the week?" asked Hayley.

Catania nodded excitedly, "of course."

"And you still want me to come?"

"I have to have my best friend there."

"Is Scott going to come?"

"Yes, but he will make his own way there seeing as my parents hate him," said Catania.