Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next day, strangely, Ally found that she was excited.

She was actually excited for book day.

She had spoken to Jade, and she was becoming excited to start year ten. Apparently, it was a great year, even though it would be a lot of work. So, Ally was excited to get her books and she wanted to see what her year ten subjects would be like.

And Ally was still happy with all the books she had brought the day before. She had started to read one (also, finishing it), so now she was onto her next one. It surprised Cody and Jade that she read the book so fast, but it didn't surprise her. She figured it was because when she was growing up, she had nothing to do other than chores. She didn't really have many toys or even friends either.

So, she managed to get herself a little collection of books, and that was when she started to read. She couldn't stop back then, so ever since, reading had become a real hobby of her's.

Now that Ally was onto the next book, she wanted to finish it. She wasn't sure if that would have been hard, though, because she could read books as fast as she could tie her shoelaces. That was how easy she found it, and all of her books were begging to be read. So, that was what she would do right now, even though she had to get up soon.

So, Ally got her next book and she settled herself down onto her bed, under the covers again, to read it. Saskia, Cody's husky pup who was just over one year old now, decided that it was also time to have a sleep on the bed. Ally didn't mind, though, because she always liked it when Saskia came to sleep on her bed. She hated it how Mason really already had a dog without asking because he and Saskia got along so well. Ally only wished that she was able to have a bond like that with Saskia.

And when Saskia was settled, Ally went back to reading her book.

It was good.

And that was great.

At least she couldn't feel guilty about getting how many books she did because she enjoyed each one she read so far.

And she couldn't wait to read the others so she could start reading the pile of books right from the beginning again.

"Don't you have a lesson this afternoon?" asked Cody when he walked into Ally's room, giving Saskia a scratch under the chin as he did.

"Yes," replied Ally.

"Well, I don't want to be all day at your school picking up your books."

"Aren't you excited? You get to see all of your old teachers, and you get to show off your baby for all of them to see."

"Maybe, but it will be a little awkward."

"Why?"

"Because they will not have expected the bad boy turned good to have a baby at twenty-three."

"Didn't they know that you and Jade were having a baby? You know, at parent-teacher interviews?"

"Seeing Jade pregnant and then a baby in my arms is a completely different story," replied Cody.

"I guess, but they will still be happy for you all the same."

"Yeah, maybe, but now it is time for us to stop talking, and for you to get up."

"Are you angry?" asked Ally.

"Why would I be angry?" replied Cody.

"Because the tone of your voice sounds angry."

"I'm not angry, Ally. You just need to get up."

"Can't I read?"

"Later."