I gulped and clenched my shaking and sweaty hands. This was going to be a problem. Especially since I couldn't bring myself to say 'no' to him. After he went through the trouble of bringing me food.

Why was I being so sympathetic for him? It was definitely the mate bond.

"I-It's fine, I get it. I'll-I'll just go eat downstairs in the kitchen. If you are bored or anything, you can come outside and ask someone to take you to wherever you wanna go. I'll be in my office if you need me," he said as he made his way to the door, and left.

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and let my nose savour the delicious aroma coming from the food in front of me.

Ethan's scent mixed in with the food made my mouth water.

I felt bad that he had to leave especially after how sweet he was being, but I wasn't comfortable with him.

I could tell that I had completely fallen into his stupid trap. I was starting to think nice stuff about him and I didn't like that.

I knew the consequences it brought but I had to fall for it. I knew he would probably just throw me into a cell in a few days if not tomorrow but I was enjoying the care he was giving me.

I wanted to care for him back, but I wouldn't. Not yet. Not until I was sure that he was good or not.

With those annoying thoughts, I ate my meal. I would've turned the T.V. on but I didn't want to intrude since it was his room.

And I didn't know where the remote was.

***

I was lying in bed with the blanket pulled upto my chin and I was trying to fall asleep.

Ethan wasn't back yet so I was a bit relaxed but that was short lived since, right then, the door to the room slowly opened and Ethan poked his head inside.

It was a real inconvenience since I was facing the door and I could practically see his face light up when his eyes fell on me.

He slowly stepped inside and came towards the bed, leaving the door open for a little source of light.

When he was close enough, he stopped dead in his tracks and the smile left his face.

'What happened?' I thought with a confused expression.

"Oh um, Izzy, I didn't know you were still up. You should hurry up and go to sleep," he said suspiciously avoiding my eyes and rubbing his arm.

Ok, I didn't care about him, but what in the pancake world was he doing? He was an Alpha, for god's sake, yet he was acting like a kid wanting to sneakily eat candy.

"Y-Yeah, r-right, but i-isn't th-this your r-room a-and your b-bed? Sh-Sh-Shouldn't you s-sleep here i-instead," I said with my pathetic and weak voice with my heart beating a mile a minute.

Was I out of line? Oh god, maybe I shouldn't have spoken without permission. But he asked me a question and I just replied.

Why did I have to add the last part? He would probably be boiling by now. Who was I to tell him what to do?

I slowly raised my eyes just enough to see his face which was supporting a frown. What, why? Was it something I said? Probably. I never did anything right.

"Yes, it is but you can sleep here instead since you are already in bed. I will sleep elsewhere," he said, sadness seeping into his every word.

My face glowed red at his words. He was right. I was in bed like it belonged to me. How rude of me. I was treating his room like my own.