Another Adventure

Começar do início

I tossed that idea out of the window as soon as it came and focused on the birds chirping. It was like a lullaby as my lids felt heavy, before they finally shut.

When my eyes opened, the sun was setting. The colors of the sunset; red, yellow and orange, reflecting off of the lake took my breathe away.

This scene brought me the kind of contentment I had never felt before and I knew that this picture worthy moment would always stay encrusted within my heart.

To top it all of, the cool, soft breeze just relaxed me further. I never wanted to leave that place, ever.

As I contemplated staying like that forever, my mind wandered to a certain someone whom I had left my aunt for.

My face blushed but I was angry. I sighed before getting up and as I was about to give control to Liz, I felt a presence.

I quickly went behind a bush and shifted back. When I was dressed, I went out of my hiding spot and looked around.

The aura the person was giving off felt oddly familiar, yet foreign. I wanted to run away, yet, I didn't.

What was wrong with me?

I sniffed as hard as I could and picked up a scent. My body visibly relaxed and I turned in the direction of the scent.

I saw him standing at a distance with his hands shoved in his pockets and his eyes shining in the remaining rays of the setting sun.

I shifted in my spot, my hands wringing together as I looked down.

I heard the crunching of leaves but never did I ever lift my eyes and just focused on the grass blades which were stuck under my feet.

Soon enough, a pair of heavy looking shoes entered my vision and I gulped before looking away from them.

"Mate, we finally meet again," he said with a hint of a smile in his voice, "it has been way too long for my liking."

I felt something on my chin as he lifted my face to make my eyes meet his.

He wore a charming smile on his lips while I kept my lips sealed in a straight line. My heart was beating way faster than its normal speed but I kept my eyes locked with his, even when he let go of my chin.

"I am back to get you, mate," he said and I was forced to remember what he had said the last time we met.

He told me that he would be back to get me, but it was 5 months ago. He still remembered?

"Y-You j-just made th-things e-easier for me. L-Let's go," I said as I forced a small smile at him while he just stared at me.

"You aren't going to try and run?" He asked cautiously and I shook my head. He breathed a sigh before reaching for my hand which I quickly hid behind my back.

He got the message and smiled at me before motioning for me to follow him.

"So, did you find your aunt?" He asked and my chest felt warm.

"Y-Yes," I said and refused to look at him as we walked. I kept my eyes down and my trembling hands shoved in my pockets.

"How have you been?" He asked and I glanced up for a brief second. Why was he talking like he knew me? Was he trying to gain my trust?

"G-Good," I said before my eyes fell upon the car parked in front. It looked super expensive and I felt dirty standing next to it.

"Get in," he said as he went to the driver's side and got in. I gulped before slowly reaching forward and opening the door.