"Yeah, but this isn't just some silly role at the studio Steph. This is my job!" I argue.

"You don't know what aspects went into Emily's decision, do you? See, I've known Em a good portion of my life, and I know she tends to make snap decisions instead of fully outweighing the pros and cons."

"It seems us getting fired wasn't on the cons list..." I comment, annoyed.

"She probably wasn't thinking you'd get fired, was she? I understand it was a different situation, but Daniel got injured under Kate, yet she never lost her job. Emily probably assumed that you wouldn't get fired. And who knows, maybe Kate also made a snap decision in firing you guys. What was probably going through Emily's head is 'Richelle's one of the best dancers on a troupe. Without her we probably won't make it to regionals.' "

"Well, in the current situation, we ALL aren't going to regionals."

"But the next step is!" She cries. "Look Michelle, you can't just pin this all on Emily. Judging by the way you're talking to me now, you seem to be arguing for the sake of it. You guys are stronger than just not forgiving each other. You know that."

I stay silent for a second. Maybe I am just making it a big deal, when I really should just move on. What's done is done. I can't control that.

But I can control my fate with Emily. 

James' POV:

Currently, I'm just lounging on the coach, doing some work on the laptop. My wife Riley is next to me, scrolling on Instagram.

"I still can't believe you made me run to the store SIX times to buy ice cream. Not to mention I bought a bunch each time." I groan to her.

"Well, Emily hates caramel, which made up a good chunk of the bunch you brought. So technically, you could've called, asked what flavour she wanted..."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. In my opinion, this entire thing is plain bullshit. To cut the long story short, Emily's sister Riley is going through a breakup, and is now staying with us until she sorts her shit out. However, since she's been with us, all she's done is eat ice cream, cry, eat ice cream, cry, sleep, shout, eat ice cream, cry... yeah you get the idea.

Man girls are hella confusing.

We hear the doorbell ring, and despite the fact I have pretty good reaction time, Riley always beats me to the "Dibs not it." Slouching, I slug over to the door, and peer into the glass, only to see her.

Michelle. Yes, you heard that right.. Michelle. Michelle Beatrice Baldesarra. 

"Riley," I whisper. "I'm kind of in a situation right no-,"

"For heavens sake James, just take the package and put it on the windowsill."

"Last time I checked I'm not a package!" Shit, I forgot we have the least soundproof doors in the galaxy.

"Michelle!?" I hear her cry, and of course now she hastily comes to the door. 

"Yes, it's me. Look, hear me out, can you just-,"

"I am not hearing anything you say right now." My partner sassily says. "It's not my fault you let go of my sister, and you shouldn't be coming crying back now."

"Look, Riley, maybe give her the benefit of the doubt." I say to her. I know Michelle is a good person, and maybe Riley's too blind to see that, but I can.

"No, I'm not going to!" She argues.

"Well, remember when you fucking CHEATED on someone, and if he wasn't kind enough to give you a second chance, you probably wouldn't be living under this lovely roof, would you Riley?" Michelle responds, and Riley is left speechless.

"Um, I,"

"Let me in. I want to talk to Emily." She continues, and I watch Riley reluctantly open the door. I see the familiar figure of Michelle, with her long blonde hair, green eyes and wide smile. I watch her instantly rush to the room Emily's in.

God I hope this goes well, otherwise my salary will be all spent on ice cream. 

Emily's POV:

"Michelle, what are you-," I stammer, as I see my ex girlfriend walk into the room.

"I want to get back together." She bluntly says. "Without you, I'm broken, I'm burnout. What I said was stupid and selfish and unfair, and I was caught up in the heat of the moment. I'm so sorry, you apologised multiple times and I was just being immature and not forgiving you for no reason. You're my other half Emily, please, I need you in my arms again."

I sit there dead, unable to process what just happened. "Mich, I, I love you, I'm truly sorry about I did, I, I," I stutter, unable to get the words out. However, Michelle can get them out for me.

"So are we good?" She asks, holding out her hand.

I nod, and take it. 

lazy ending but hope u enjoyed xx