13- Out of Service

Claude paused for a moment, considering whether to call the authorities immediately or wait for further developments. Reporting Mr. Thargata's actions was necessary, but Claude also had to consider Ru's fears of being disowned and disinherited by his stepmother. He knew that any action he took could have significant consequences for Ru's future.

After a brief internal struggle, Claude decided to wait a little longer before making the call. He hoped to find a way to handle the situation without jeopardizing Ru's well-being and prospects. Finally, he made a decision. He put down the phone and focused on formulating a plan to support Ru while ensuring his safety.

Dr. Claude Leblanc returned to his duties, but his mind was consumed by thoughts of Mr. Thargata. He wondered if confronting him directly would be the right approach, or if a more covert method, such as strategically placing a banana peel in his path, would better serve justice. A mischievous smile played on his lips as he entertained these secret thoughts.

"Oh, d'après ce monsieur, je devrais avoir honte parce que je suis gai. Oui, je suis un joyeux gai luron ! Je ne suis pas un sale pervers comme vous, Monsieur Thargati," he muttered under his breath.

With his last file entered into the computer, Claude left the room. A huge bouquet of unfamiliar red flowers caught his eye in the secretary's office. The accompanying card read, "Jasper wants you." Claude assumed it was from an old patient and decided not to dwell on it. He tossed the card in the trash and handed the bouquet to the secretary.

He expected to find Ru in the hallway, but he was nowhere to be seen. Venturing into the garden, Claude scanned the area, but Ru was nowhere in sight. Should he have tried calling? When he tried to reach Ru, he discovered that the number was no longer in service.

"Something feels off," Claude muttered to himself. He got into his car and activated the navigation system, following the route to the nearest amusement park. How would he ever find Ru amid the crowd? Despite the uncertainty, he resolved to give it a try.

As Claude approached the amusement park, he noticed flashing lights in his rearview mirror. Moments later, the police pulled him over and signaled for him to stop his car.

Claude pulled over to the side of the road, his heart racing with a mix of confusion and concern. He rolled down his window as the officer approached his vehicle.

"Good evening, sir. Can I see your driver's license and registration, please," the officer asked politely.

Claude nodded and fumbled through his wallet to retrieve his driver's license while reaching for the registration in the glove compartment.

"Is there a problem, officer," Claude inquired, trying to keep his tone calm despite the growing unease in his gut.

The officer glanced at the documents and then back at Claude. "We've had reports of suspicious activity in this area, so we're conducting routine checks," he explained, his gaze searching Claude's face for any signs of deception.

"I see. Well, I'm just on my way to meet someone at the amusement park," Claude replied, hoping to end the encounter swiftly.

The officer nodded, handing back Claude's documents. "Alright, sir. Just be careful, and have a good evening."

"Thank you, officer. You too," Claude said with a forced smile, relieved when the officer returned to his patrol car and drove off.

Taking a deep breath to steady his nerves, Claude continued on his way to the amusement park, his mind swirling with questions about Ru's whereabouts and the strange turn of events.

[The Ru you are calling is currently unavailable.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, d'après ce monsieur, je devrais avoir honte parce que je suis gai. Oui, je suis un joyeux gai luron ! Je ne suis pas un sale pervers comme vous, Monsieur Thargati." - said Dr. Claude Leblanc in French.

"Oh, according to this gentleman, I should be ashamed because I'm gay. Yes, I'm a happy gay man! I'm not a dirty pervert like you, Mr. Thargati." -said Dr. Claude Leblanc in English.