006 - Operation 'Fake Date'

"Wait..really?" Walker says in disbelief, "Huh, I thought I'd need to convince you more, I was ready to whip out the slideshow." I give him a blank face before bursting out into a fit of laughter, "You made a slideshow!? You are one weird kid Scobell," I say through my laughs.

"Well, I may be a weird kid, but you're the one dating the weird kid," he replies, "Fake dating the weird kid, so technically it's different. Anyway, we have to make our plan of action. Do you have one yet?" I ask.

"No, to be completely honest I thought you'd say no. like I only met you yesterday, it's actually kind of weird you said yes because quite frankly I'm a complete stranger to you." He says looking at me weirdly.

"Okay firstly we went to middle school together but you're right that was our first real conversation. Secondly, you should not be condescending to your fake girlfriend otherwise I'll change my mind about this stupid plan. And thirdly, we need a set of rules, like in all those movies, except we will actually stick to it and not be dumb." I say, pulling out my phone to start the list.

"Okay well first and most obvious, we have to keep this between us. I would die of embarrassment if someone found out I agreed to fake dating you." I say, looking at him for approval. "Yeah that's fair, so no telling anyone, even your best friend, even your mother, even if your life depends on it!" He says making his voice progressively louder.

Operation 'fake date':
1. Do not tell anyone about our plans, as it can jeopardise the reputation of both parties.

"Okay, what else should we add?" I ask.
"Well we to look like a couple, so we need scheduled dates and stuff like that. You could sit at my table a couple of days a week and I could sit at yours. Also, we need to post each other on social media and stuff." He says taking my phone and writing down the next rule.

Operation 'fake date':
1. Do not tell anyone about our plans, as it can jeopardise the reputation of both parties.
2. Act like a couple, spend time together and post about it. Make it obvious we are together in a 'loving' relationship.

"Okay, so should we have a couple of designated days for our 'dates'? I can do any day except Thursdays and Saturdays because that's when I have volleyball." I say, snatching my phone back from the blonde. "Yeah, I can do any day except Thursday and Tuesday. But on Tuesdays, you can come to watch my soccer games and on Saturdays, I can watch your volleyball games, only if you're okay with it of course." He asks with a small smile present on his face.

"Yeah that's completely fine, and our dates can be on Wednesdays, Fridays and maybe, sometimes Sundays since we are both free those days, as long as you don't mind," I reply, returning the small smile politely. "Yeah, that's completely fine," he says, repeating what I said prior, his eyes staring straight into mine before asking, "What should our cut-off be? Like when should we end this scheme? A couple of months maybe?"

"Let's do five months, then we can just say we split for mutual reasons but we decided to stay friends," I suggest, "because by then Lila and David would also be broken up because I highly doubt they will be together longer than that." I start adding all our new rules to the list.

Operation 'fake date':
1. Do not tell anyone about our plans, as it can jeopardise the reputation of both parties.
2. Act like a couple, spend time together and post about it. Make it obvious we are together in a 'loving' relationship.
3. Watch each other's games on Saturdays and Tuesdays + have date nights on Sundays and Wednesdays.
4. Be done with this in five months (around next February), and state we drifted apart and it was mutual

"Okay, I know what to add, no kissing unless absolutely necessary," I say immediately adding it to the list. "Awww come on ant, I know you wanna kiss me," Walker says a smirk on his face, his eyes quickly glancing at my lips, "Besides how else are people gonna we are together?"

"You may not know this, as you spent most of your relationship with Lila accompanied by a disgusting amount of PDA, but you can show affection in other ways." I state matter-of-factly, however, he still looks lost so I elaborate, "We can simply hold hands and do small gestures like hugs or just being together in general. We just have to look like we are in love, and that should get the message through."

He clears his throat before saying, "Right, yeah sure thing, add it to the list."

Operation 'fake date':
1. Do not tell anyone about our plans, as it can jeopardise the reputation of both parties.
2. Act like a couple, spend time together and post about it. Make it obvious we are together in a 'loving' relationship.
3. Watch each other's games on Saturdays and Tuesdays + have date nights on Sundays and Wednesdays.
4. Be done with this in five months (around next February), and state we drifted apart and it was mutual
5. No kissing unless absolutely necessary

"Okay I have a quick question though," I say, he nods encouraging me to go ahead, "How are we gonna start this? My friends will be suspicious if I just start dating you today, they know me well enough that I don't rush into relationships and I'll be bombarded with questions."

"Well we can just start acting closer today and tomorrow, then on Thursday, at David's party we can announce our 'relationship'. It's still kind of rushed but I think it's better than getting into it straight away." Walker says with a content tone, "Besides, that way everyone will know for sure that we are 'dating', and it won't go around in scattered speculations and rumours."

"Yeah that makes sense, I guess I will have to come to that party then. Damn, what a shame I was just planning on blowing it off." I teasingly say with a faint smirk on my face. "Well, get used to coming to a lot of parties now sweetheart, you are now dating one of the most popular guys in the entire school." He replies in a low tone, flicking my nose.

I feel my face burn hotter as a rush of heat flushes into my cheeks, but choose to ignore it as I say, "Fake dating, sweetheart. Also who knew that the 'most popular' guy in school was an absolute douchebag? Oh, wait...I did" I flick his nose in retaliation, causing him to yelp then say for the second time this morning, "You really are one strong lady!" Which made me smile quietly to myself.

I take the phone from its place on the table, and get back into the notes app, remembering to add one more thing. "What are you doing?" Walker asks looking over my phone to see what I'm typing.

"Nothing, I just wanted to add this as a rule, because they always do it in movies so why not," I say with a snort, as I finish typing it on the rules page. I desperately wanted to additionally say 'They also always seem to fail this part in particular", but refrained from doing so, as I was frightened it would cause an awkward atmosphere.

6. Do NOT, under any circumstances fall in love with each other.

———

A/n
WOOOOOO! Another chapter done ✔️
It's currently 12:02 am but that doesn't matter bc the chapter is upppp! Also, the reads from yesterday to today basically doubled from, 26 to 44! Which I am forever grateful for!

Hope u liked this chapter as well, kinda on the shorter side, but I wanted u all to know the of set of rules, that will most certainly always be followed ;)

Question of the chapter:

Favourite Disney or childhood movie?

Word count: 1372
Lots of love
- Rabbit xx