Mostly it was sneers and rude remarks, but sometimes he "accidentally" bumped into her or hit her with a weapon or almost tripped her. It was little annoyances, and they grate on her nerves like nothing else. She knew it infuriated Ezio, too, but she just kept him at bay and so he did nothing. Neither of them wouldn't achieve anything by fighting him back, anyways. Perhaps if she were stronger or at least at similar strength she might have challenged and beaten him fairly, but she knew she was no match and may never be. It was just easier to deal with the annoyance with a straight face and continue her training. If Mario noticed, there was punishment, but Emilio was smarter than he seemed. Her only reprieve was that the other men tended to not join in with physical things, although they might throw verbal jabs at her. They were too loyal to Mario and afraid of his retribution to try anything. Although, she did sometimes worry they might help him—especially if she were alone. She tended to keep the notion out of her mind, but made sure to never be caught by herself—particularly not at night.

Emilio was bound to grow bored eventually. He was a bully, yes, but they got their rush from getting a rise out of the victim, but she gave him nothing and remained happy. He would just find someone new eventually, or until Mario finally grew tired of his insubordination and deemed it a detriment to his troops, which meant exile. Until then, she would just deal with it. She had known she would suffer some kind of torment when she joined anyways—a woman becoming a warrior among men? There was bound to be animosity.

'Ah, but don't worry about that today, you. It's free day, so you get to do what you want,' she smiled as she bit into her apple and headed out into the main hallway. Since she had time, and didn't feel like drawing nor had any repairs to the Villa or city she could really do, she figured she could read some more. That, or see what Ezio was up to, but the young man was aloof oddly enough. He wasn't in his room or the usual spots, which left her with one choice.

"Oh, good morning, Catherine," a familiar voice called out, and the redhead glanced up to find Claudia. The young Auditore spared her a smile—something she'd become fond after their day out together. She didn't believe they were close friends, but she figured they were at least people they could find some comfort with each other. If it made Claudia capable of smiling, though, Catherine figured that was good enough.

"Morning, Claudia. Sleep alright? It was a little cool last night, though it's getting warmer," she relied from down below.

"I had plenty of blankets, so I was warm," the young woman replied, though looked thoughtfully at her a moment later. "Is today your... what did they call it?"

"Rest Day?"

She nodded, "Yes. That is the one."

"Yeah, that's today. Why d'ya ask?" she inquired back, taking another bite of her apple.

"Oh, it just explains why Ezio is in the library reading. I do not think I have ever seen him really read in his life," she mused, frowning slightly. She looked down to Catherine again and raised a brow. She sighed, shaking her head. "Must you wear trousers even on your off day?"

Catherine grinned like a fox, winking, "Of course. It wouldn't be the same if I didn't have you nagging at me every day."

Claudia rolled her eyes, "I do not nag!"

"Uh-huh. Well, I'll go see what your brother is up to since you're so interested. You should go visit Dea or something—she really enjoyed coming here and spending time with you."

"Hmm... I suppose I could do that. She... she is good company. I am learning many things I never thought one could do with stitching. It is very useful, and she is a sweet woman... Yes, I think I will. Perhaps buy some of those sweet rolls as well."