Chapter 1

Narrator POV

October 23,2077 is the day the world changed forever. On this day was the culmination of the tensions between the nuclear powers of the world exploded. China and the US engaged in a devastating exchange of nuclear firepower sending the world into a fiery chaos. During this time in West Virginia a family of three were caught in the middle. Nancy and Chris Cooper were were the run of the mill civilian except for one thing

They were both employees of the infamous vault-tec a powerfull corporation who's main objective was securing the future of the United States with vaults. Giant underground facilities that would secure and protect the future of America from the horrors of nuclear war. Chris worked as an engineer working on the new vault 76. His wife Nancy was a scientist and Profesor at the Vault-tec university in Morgantown. When the bombs dropped they left everything and made it to the vault with there three month old son named jackson but during the scuffle to get inside the vault Jackson was exposed to a lethal dose of radiation making him extremely Ill. His mother spent the next 6 months trying to find a treatment that worked to help cure him. As the weeks turned long and Jacksons health continued to deteriorate his mother found the answer. While looking at different plants she found a fern that could absorb radiation and neutralize it.

She crushed several of them turning them into a concentrated fluid. She gave it to him and waited, and waited until three hours later he started showing signs of improvement. Soon Jackson was completely healed within a week and started being a regular child. The people in the vault all saw each other as family and they saw Jackson as a nephew or a son. Jackson grew up to be a happy kid playing with the other children in the vault but tragedy struck when the boy was six. His parents were working in one of the lower rooms where Nancy was growing a new medicinal herb garden when the power was cut off due to a malfunction cutting off the air and power to the room. It took the others several hours to cut the door down. But by then it was too late. When the news was broken to the young boy he cried for weeks. The whole vault rallied around him and he was adopted by the overseer. The young boy see's her as his grandmother.

This is his story of survival and love

Present Day
25 years since the great war.
October 23,2102
Reclamation Day.
10:00 AM

Jackson POV

Overseer(Intercom): Good Morning Vault 76 this is the overseer, I hope you all enjoyed the party last night even those you might have over indulged and overslept.

I woke up with a groan holding my head as a massive migraine hits me like a truck as I feel the full affects of the alcohol that I had drank the night before. I groggily look at my alarm and see its just past 10 in the morning. I get up and stagger to the bathroom. I open the medicine cabinet and take out a bottle of painkillers. I take two and then strip out of my jumpsuit and step into the shower. The warm water washes over me letting my body relax from the anxiety currently hitting me. Today was the day,

Reclamation Day

The day where we would leave Vault 76 and rebuild Appalachia. After I finish washing myself I turn off the water and grab a towel off the rack and wrap it around my waist. I step out and walk back to the sink and start brushing my teeth once i'm done I look at myself in the mirror.

 I step out and walk back to the sink and start brushing my teeth once i'm done I look at myself in the mirror