Interlude 3

The bodyguard and her yakuza

Akari

I am an agent from Japan's Special Forces. My boss is not human.

He is a large yellow octopus with a permanent grin glued onto his spherical head. He moves in very high speed, enabling him to capture his targets easily. Because of his tenacity, he became the Head of the Special Forces Team 3 in 3 years.

His name is Korosensei, which is weird since he is not a teacher at all. But he teaches his underlings well. Our team has been very efficient in our missions and highly regarded by everyone else in the Special Forces.

Despite being a flawless boss who never mistreats his underlings, his only flaw would probably be...

"Boss, you have to stop reading pornography during work hours. If Karasuma-san finds out, he'll give you a beating," I state flatly. My arms crossed over my chest as I stand before his table, catching him with his perverted hobbies for the umpteenth time.

"NUYA!" Immediately he stashes his precious magazine away. "Don't tell him, Akari-chan! I'll... I'll buy you gelato!"

"I don't take bribes."

"NUYA!"

I roll my eyes at his ridiculousness. "Why did you summon me, boss?"

He clears his throat. "Akari-chan, the upper authorities has sent us another mission."

"Which criminal? The serial killer Rino? Or the elusive robber gang?"

He shakes his head. "We're not catching criminals. Yet. Specifically, you're going undercover to investigate the Yakuza. Presumably..." he hands me a file. I open it and see a huge photo of man with his back turned to the camera. The graphics is blurred and I couldn't make out the face. The only thing I spot is the fleck of red hidden under the man's hoodie. "...the Ayakawa Clan."

"What did they do?"

Korosensei would look serious if not for his perpetual grin. "For now, nothing. Past decades Ayakawa clan has been in ruthless gang fights with a lot of Yakuza clans. But since this guy came along, everything died down. The black market trading, the fights... nothing. We need more intel on what is going on with this clan. I hope they really did turn for the good. But who knows? Maybe they are hiding their talons till the right moment to strike."

I close the file. "So I'll go undercover as the rookie? Do they even take girls?"

"Rumours say the second-in-command is one tough chick and has been training a team of female fighters. You can fit in. But your position will be as the head's bodyguard."

I cough. "Wouldn't that be too close?"

"We need intel ASAP. Starting from a rookie takes too long time." He taps his chin. "Might as well seduce the man since you have the looks."

I glare. "No seduction ploys. I don't do that."

"Then maybe Irina can teach you som-"

"NO! NOT HER! NOT IRINA! I NEVER WANT TO GO TO HER LESSONS AGAIN!"

"I heard they were fun!" He grins evilly. If he isn't my boss I'd punch him.

"I hate her kissing lessons. Last time she pulled it on me and I collapsed. COLLAPSED."

He snickers. "Nurufufufufu... but it will come in handy somehow... anyway, I bet the Yakuza head might fall for you the first moment."

"Boss, you want gossip, find Sugino and Kanzaki. Or maybe Hinata. Anyone but me."