Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Nagisa

After school ends, Nagisa stands by the window, silently watching Karma and Akari standing at the centre of the field Korosensei recently created. He is quite surprised when Akari suddenly asked for Karma's help in improving herself and ate a whole tube of wasabi as some sort of 'payment'. Even if she is a girl, Karma really don't hold back on mischief.

"Akari-san is sort of brave, is she?" Isogai speaks as he takes a spot next to him, also watching the first training. "Despite her clumsy first appearance yesterday."

Nagisa turns to look at him. "Isogai-kun thinks Akari is brave?"

"Yeah." He sheepishly rubs his head. "When she ate the whole tube of wasabi, I was quite impressed. She is probably the first girl to withstand against Karma's pranks."

Nakamura suddenly pops up out of nowhere, a dirty grin on her face. "It seems our male class representative took an interest in her, huh?"

Nagisa watches as Isogai's face is dyed with a shade of pink, but it quickly fades away.

Kataoka, with her hands folded in front of her chest, stares intently at the two outside. "If Karma ever tries to hurt her, I will personally ensure his doom." Nagisa sighs at her declaration. Megu maybe too overprotective, but she does it in everyone's best interests.

"Come on, Megu," says Nakamura. "Aka-chan's a black-belt. She may have lost some confidence after that incident, but she still has the skills of kicking someone's ass." Then she yells out of the window and pumps her fists in the air, "Show him what you got, Aka-chan!"

Nagisa slowly digests what Nakamura just said. Incident? What incident? Before he can ask, Kaede joins them, a gleeful look of anticipation on her face.

"I wonder if she loves pudding~~" Kaede says, her eyes glittering with happiness. His best friend, a sweets chef, is looking for someone who shares her interest and passion in sweets, Korosensei excluded. Now that a new girl came, Kaede told him from the looks of Akari's face she knows the girl is a sweets lover. Nagisa doubts she can know a person by just looking at her face, but he doesn't want to disappoint her.

"I wonder how she gets into Class E anyway," Sugino says as he joins in the chat.

"She kinda failed the entrance exam," Nakamura replies.

"We have an entrance exam for transfers?"

"Actually it was our first mid-term exams. She didn't know she had to take it and never got to study so..." Kataoka adds. "If she was really serious, she might get into 3A. But I rather she come to 3E. At least," she looked around at the classroom which is still buzzing with students even after school. "With her around we'd increase our chances of killing Korosensei. Besides, I think she preferred 3E anyway. She told me after just one day being in here makes her felt much warmer than being in the main campus."

Everyone is silent after hearing what she said. Nagisa smiles. Akari is right. It is better for anyone to be here than being in that main campus, where the students have nothing but contempt on 3E as their motivation to keep moving forward.

*****

Akari

I look at Karma. "You want me to what?"

"Fight me," Karma says. He doesn't sound like playing around. "If I need to train you, at least show me what you got."

I look down at my hands. They don't shiver. But I know they will if I start. "I can't." My voice but a bare whisper.