Chapter 1 - Freshman

Começar do início

---------------------

That night, I slept restlessly, as I was kind of nervous about the next day. I had arranged to meet my bestfriend from middle school, Emma outside the gates of school. Emma had always had a major crush on not only my brother, but also his friends. I couldn't blame her, I guess they did have that whole 'high school jock' look going for them... but what she didn't see was how annoying they could be.

When I eventually awoke after being asleep for only a few hours, I got dressed and let my naturally wavy dark brown hair fall down my shoulders. I put on minimal makeup and decided on wearing a pair of faded black converse. 

I went downstairs to find that my dad had already left for work, and to see that the boys were all asleep on the couch. I rolled my eyes as I went over to them, shaking Dylan awake.

"Get up, you're going to be late," I said as he looked around sleepily.

He slowly stood up and stretched, "Ah I guess you're right, probably shouldn't be late on the first day. And the little freshman can't be late either, considering I'm driving you," he said with a grin.

I left him to wake up the other guys, while I went and made a coffee in the kitchen.

I sat down at our counter, sipping on my hot coffee. I always hated the first day of a new grade, because it made me miss my mother even more. She had passed away two years ago, and I knew that she had always looked forward to my first day of high school.

I quickly brushed away a stray tear that had fallen just as Dylan walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, you okay Soph?" he asked, obviously having seen the tear.

I nodded, giving him a small smile. He didn't seem to buy it however, and walked over to sit next to me.

"Is it about mom?" he asked softly, knowing that this was probably what I was upset about.

I nodded again, refusing to let any more tears fall.

He gently placed his arm around my shoulder, "She'd be proud, you know."

I nodded once again, not trusting myself to speak.

Eventually, I removed myself from Dylan's grip.

"I'm fine," I said giving him a confident smile.

He raised his eyebrows, "You sure? It's okay to miss her sometimes Soph."

"Yeah, I know, but seriously, I'm fine," I muttered as I put my coffee cup in the sink.

I knew he didn't really believe me, but he let the issue go. I never really spoke to anyone about Mom. Dad always avoided the issue, and I didn't ever want to make Dylan upset.

After what seemed like ages, the boys eventually were ready to go to school. I swear they took more time getting ready than I did... but I suppose they had to keep up their image as school jocks.

We walked out to Dylan's car, where he got in the driver's seat and Jacob called shotgun - leaving me in the back with Michael.

"What's up Sophia? You seem quiet" asked Jacob.

I saw Dylan stare at me in the mirror, making sure that I was fine. 

I laughed it off, "Nothing's up Jacob," I replied, giving him a grin.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Michael furrow his eyebrows, staring at me.

Hopefully no one could tell that I had been crying. I guess I couldn't really pay out Jacob about crying on his first day anymore...

When we arrived at school, I saw a very nervous Emma standing by the gate. She seemed to lose all her confidence when I walked over with the three seniors.

"Hey Soph," she said shakily.

I grinned at her confidently, "Hey Emma," I replied, giving her a quick hug.

The three guys went off to find their friends, leaving me and Emma to fend for ourselves.

"You look different," said Emma to me. I raised my eyebrows.

"Really?" I replied, "I look the same as always!"

She shook her head, "Nope, you got a bit taller, and I don't know.. you just look, older."

I grinned at her, "Well, OH MY GOD, I finally grow up " I said sarcastically.

She chuckled, "Okay, now you seem exactly the same."

As we walked through the gates, I heard Dylan calling me over to his group of friends.

I walked over to them, wondering what was up.

"Guys and girls, this is my sister Sophia," said Dylan proudly, showing me off to his group, which I assumed consisted of the most popular people in the school.

They all awed at me, saying that I was cute. And one guy even asked whether I was off limits. Dylan, however, promptly whacked him over the head. I giggled at them, before waving and heading back over to Emma.

On my way back, I heard someone say to Dylan, "Dude she's hot, watch out."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that was just typical boy talk. There was no way any boy was going to find me 'hot' here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Hella guys! :D I make a new story, which is not a fanfiction :D

So, because I'm new to other genres, please be nice hehe :)

Please vote, comment and fan ! :) Constructive comments are very much welcomed :) tell me what do you think about this story, or whatever to improve my writing skill :) 

Anyway hope you guys like this story, enjoy! :D

 Cheers,

GabrielleChnc <3